Anti-Splog compatibility with Ajax Register Form

Hi,

I’ve been testing this ajax register form from Buddy Dev

https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-ajax-registration/

Works well for what we’d like to do and seems to support parts of the anti-splog plugin (and TOS) without too many issues. However, there seems to be a problem with the re-captcha and I’m wondering if maybe you might have a quick fix for this. If not, I’ll revert to the admin questions which work.

When re-captcha is enabled, the form loads fine but quickly redirects to the original registration page. I’ve noticed the following error in the console:

SCRIPT5009: ‘_bpajaxr_recaptcha_config’ is undefined

File: bp-ajax-register.js, Line: 135, Column: 3

Looks like the problem is in this function:

function enable_cpatha() {

if ( typeof grecaptcha == 'undefined' ) {
return ;
}

grecaptcha.render( 'bp_ajaxr_ajax_form_validator',
_bpajaxr_recaptcha_config
);

you can see the issue @ demo1.myfreewebspot.com

I’m just wondering if maybe you might have an idea on how I could quickly fix this… if not, as I said, I’ll use the admin questions for now. Would be nice to fix this though.

I’ve also opened a ticket with the plugin vendor to see if they have a clue.

Thanks. Your help is appreciated!

Shayne

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Shayne,

I hope you are well today.

Of the top of my head, I don’t have a quick solution to the problem you’re describing. However, when I view your site, I found something else that might be contributing to your problem. It seems that your site still has references to Javascript files from your localhost testing site. See screenshot: https://monosnap.com/file/iqY5IiuFvCIcsDWwhkzyWo9NwkPQLb

Can you update these references and see if this changes anything?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Shayne
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey James..

I think that’s because I had the asirra option enabled… i was testing both both neither work. I’ve changed it back now to the re-captcha and it should be throwing the original error I was having.

thanks

Shayne

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Shayne,

I haven’t heard back from you since you said you’d check the Ajax plugin code. Were you able to find why there were two references to reCaptcha?

If not, would you grant me access to your site via Support Staff Login so I can check how you have things setup so I can perform some additional tests? You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please reply back here once you’ve enabled access so I will be notified.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Shayne
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey James,

Thanks for following up on this.

I believe the problem may have had something to do with the SSL cert.. I rekeyed everything, fixed some SSL issues on my site and the recaptcha started working… however, its still an issue if registration is coming from a subsite.

Anyways, in the end, I sort of went in a different direction… though the Buddy Dev Ajax registration does a pretty good job (and its a great looking registration form), there are a couple small things missing for what i needed. Anyone else though looking for a good alternative to buddypress registration should look at this plugin.. their support is fantastic and they really helped out with a few other problems. I’ll be using it for sure on future projects. its just not the right solution for us at the moment.

Thanks again James for your help!

Shayne

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.