anti-splog install problems

I'm trying to follow the instructions to installing anti-splog ( https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/anti-splog/installation/ ) but I get stuck at the step where it's supposed to show up in the settings bar.

However, I also have no idea how to check whether 'In the rare occurrence the auto-install does not add the db table(s) and fill them for you then run the sql code in "sql.txt" on your wpmu db IN ORDER!'

I guess this solved it: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/anti-splog-conflicting-installation-instructions#post-73983

-> ignore the online instructions! (well, now, that's a certain way to get a newby confused)

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya katinka,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV :smiley:

So were you able to get this sorted? If not, let us know and we'll help ya get it sorted.

The online instructions were updated in anticipation of WordPress 3.1 - which is now the subject of repeated delays (over a month now). Apologies for any confusion - obviously that would be easy to have happen in this case.

Thanks!

• Visible.net
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So I have a similar issue to. we are running WordPress 3.1 so do we follow instructions on the site or on the read me txt

Online Instructions

Upload the /anti-splog/ folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site

ReadMe.txt</strong
    anti-splog.php - goes in /wp-content/mu-plugins
    /anti-splog/ - entire folder and contents goes in /wp-content/mu-plugins

• Visible.net
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I just reviewed the prior ticket linked above, when I followed the online instructions since we are running 3.1, when applied the network activate it took down our network. So we followed the instructions on the readme file, and we are able to get it installed, however it wasn't running properly, the sign up protectors (cats & questions) would only render on firefox and not in chrome or ie.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.