Anti Splog Issue

On our installation of Anti-Splog we are having loads of issues.

Instead of spamming fake blogs it spams blogs controlled by us with real content.

Even we try to unspam them they still are marked as spam.

http://www.bodrumexplorer.com is the blog spammed.

any help to make the plugin really work would be appreciated.

thanks

• aecnu

Greetings YourNextHost,

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I do not know what to think about this ticket considering many things not limited to but including that I have three full blown commercial MultiSite networks and it works fine on all three, which is not indicative that you are not indeed having an issue, but I cannot obviously replicate the issue.

The issue is as we have been made aware, one blog is being marked as spam by the Anti Splog plugin and that reported blog is http://www.bodrumexplorer.com and even when marked as not spam the plugin still marks it as such.

I have no idea where to begin trouble shooting this issue (I visited the site, looks great) not knowing the criteria that Anti Splog uses to mark sites as spam, therefore I am going to see if I can get the lead developer of the Anti Splog in here to offer us some advice/advise as to what I am missing or what may be causing this issue.

Though this may take longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Sue

Hi YourNextHost

I've checked your blog http://bodrumexplorer.com/ and I'm able to view it Can you clear your browser cache if you are still seeing the splog review form? Unfortunately browsers can remember the splog review message which is why I include the following information when replying to a splog review form for a blog I've unmarked as spam on Edublogs:

If you are still seeing "Sorry, but this blog has been marked as spam as defined in our Terms of Service. The admin has already been contacted to review" message please hold the Ctrl key and press F5 to refresh your web browser.

You will find that anti-splog can occasionally mark too many legitimate blogs as spam. The best way to monitor is to watch your Recent Splogs list (Network Admin > Anti-Splog > Moderation - Recent Splog tab). If you're finding too many legitimate blogs being marked as spam then try reducing either your Blog Signup Splog Certainty or Posting Splog Certainty.

You reduce your Posting Splog Certainty if too many legitimate blogs are being marked as spam on Auto: Post. On Edublogs we have Posting Splog Certainty set at 84 %. Blog Signup Splog Certainty is reduced if you have too many blogs being marked on Auto: Signup.

The other area that you can make adjustments is pattern matching ( Anti-splog > Pattern Matching). This is part of the new version of Anti-splog that was released on the weekend.

Hope this information has helped!

Thanks!

Sue Waters
    Edublogs Support Manager

• Aaron

What kind of blogs are you hosting? The link you gave looks like a business type blog. The Antisplog api is trained with user type blogs. If your site is geared toward commercial content, ads, etc, then the API will return it all as spammy. In that case you will probably want to turn off the API spamming in the plugin's settings page, and just make use of the signup protections like captchas.

Note also posts will not be checked if made by a super admin, or a pro site.