Anti-Splog Not Spamming Splogs

I’m using WPMS 3, BuddyPress 1.2.5.2, and the latest version of Anti-Splog 1.4.

I’m having to manually spam all splogs as Anti-Splog is not rating any new blogs. All blogs have a Splog Certainty of 0%. The API key has been entered and accepted and is showing green.

I have completely removed the plug-in (not the database tables) and re-installed it without any luck.

This is my second site that I have registered for Anti-Splog and I am not experiencing any difficulties with my first site that has not yet been upgraded to WPMS 3.

is it correct to have the same API key for both sites. Also you can only register your domain and not your IP address on your Anti-Splog registering page.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

When you say second site, is this on the same server as the first one? If so, are they in separate accounts or the same one? Can you give some details about your setup?

Aaron, does the API check against the requesting IP address to see if it matches against the IP address of the sending domain?

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

other than logging on our side to watch for fraud

That’s what I was wondering. Maybe it got reported as a different url if the plugin was sending back the main url if the wpmu site was installed within a subdirectory or as a addon or parked domain.

• Mark
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@aaron – Anti-splog is not rating blogs at all. Every single one has a zero percent splog certainty rating. So far I’ve manually spammed about 120 blogs, not one was auto spammed.

@drmike – Seperate shared servers but with the same host – TMD Hosting. They both have exactly the same plugins except for Domain Mapping which is on the site with the problem.

• Steve Atty

I’m not sure if this is related but I upgraded to the latest anti-splog and its not finding new splogs – only when I mark them as spam do they go into the splog list with a rating of 0%. They never appear on the suspect queue and when I try to delete them it just bounces me to the sites list without actually doing anything.

• Aaron
    • CTO

I guess i’ll need to look into this next week. Sounds like it will be hard to track down though.

Can anyone confirm that the previous version works if you downgrade? It won’t cause errors to use on 3.0, you just won’t be able to save things on the admin menu, only view.

• Aaron
    • CTO

It will only allow you to save your API key if all is good and the plugin can communicate with our server.

Couple of things, can you paste the content of the “ust_signup_data” blog option for a spam blog you think was skipped? You can find it in the blogs options table “wp_#_options”.

Also, what do you see for that blog_id in the wp_ust table?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Looking through our logs I only see 22 blogs from your new site, and they all appear to be manual spams from your and that our server didn’t analyze them. In addition there are 4 API Key checks for the new server.

So bottom line you server hasn’t seemed to send us any signups to analyze for those blogs. There are a few reasons that could have been skipped:

If they were created by a site admin

If they were created from a supporter blog admin

If they were created with the blog/user creator plugin (doesn’t look like they were)

Very interestingly though users are being created first, then exactly 2 hours after that user (well really a bot) creates a blog.

• Mark

@aaron – Thanks for the assistance.

The time difference issue is not really an issue and is only the difference between UTC time and my local time, which is two hours. Users and blogs are being created at the same time. I think BP & WP use opposing time formats for some reason.

Content of ust_signup_data

a:12:{s:17:"signup_user_agent";s:90:"Mozilla/6.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8";s:14:"signup_user_ip";s:14:"174.34.164.230";s:19:"signup_user_referer";s:32:"http://gamblingplex.com/register";s:19:"activate_user_agent";s:72:"Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)";s:16:"activate_user_ip";s:14:"174.34.164.230";s:21:"activate_user_referer";N;s:10:"user_login";s:6:"xocsiq";s:10:"user_email";s:28:"xocsiq@teethwhiteningtips.eu";s:15:"user_registered";s:19:"2010-07-12 16:18:25";s:11:"blog_domain";s:24:"damagedharddriverecovery";s:10:"blog_title";s:27:"Damaged Hard Drive Recovery";s:15:"blog_registered";s:19:"2010-07-12 18:18:25";}

Hope this helps.

• Mitch
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Also noting that I get an email with a link to spam the blog. When I click the link it takes me to a page that says WordPress – with a confirm button. I confirm and it takes me back to the ms-admin page.

When I go to the Anti-Splog page the site does not show-up there in any columns. When I go to sites the site is not marked as spam either?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Mark, can you try this and see if new publically created blogs start getting scanned?

Change line 404:

if (is_site_admin() || (function_exists('is_supporter') && is_supporter()) || strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 'blog-user-creator')) {

to

if (is_site_admin()) {

Do you have supporter installed, and is your BuddyPress blog a “supporter” blog?

Also i’ll work on that spam link guys.

• Mark

Mark, can you try this and see if new publically created blogs start getting scanned?

Change line 404:

if (is_site_admin() || (function_exists('is_supporter') && is_supporter()) || strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 'blog-user-creator')) {

to

if (is_site_admin()) {

@aaron

I’ve searched all the AntiSplog files and can’t find this code. Which file are you referring to?

I have Supporter installed and my theme is BlogsMU

• Mark

Hi Aaron

I have changed the code, lets see what happens.

Is your BuddyPress blog a “supporter” blog?

Sorry not really clear on what you mean, I assume you are asking if the main blog is “Supporter” activated – no it’s not.

• Mark

Hi Aaron

Great, you have fixed the problem, all new blogs are being rated and spammed when necessary.

I’ve just picked up another issue. When a blog is manually spammed it is removed from the BP Activity stream, however when a blog is auto spammed it is not removed.

edit: I used Anti-Splog 1.0.5

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.