Anti-splog problems

I've got a couple of problems with anti-splog.

Firstly - it seems to randomly forget its API Key - and it certainly forgets it each time it upgrades.

Secondly I've got everything up to date but I get the following error in my php error log:

Failed opening required 'mu-plugins/anti-splog/recaptchalib.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/share/php:disappointed:usr/share/pear') in /webstuff/canalblogs/wp-content/blog-suspended.php on line 37

Which is blatantly wrong given that its all been moved from the mu-plugins folder.

  • Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

    Hi Steveatty,

    Sounds like you may have an issue with bits of an older version of anti-splog lying around.

    I'd recommend you completely uninstall delete everything related to anti-splog, then re-install from scratch.

    I suspect there are still database entries point to the old version which are producing that error and mysteriously resetting the API key.

    Let me know how you get on!

    Phil

  • Steve Atty
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Phil, I downloaded the latest version of anti-splog (575_anti_splog-1.0.7.zip) and the blog-suspended.php file (in the "put-in-wp-content" folder) contains the following code:

    $recaptcha = get_site_option('ust_recaptcha');
      if ($recaptcha['privkey']) {
      	require_once('mu-plugins/anti-splog/recaptchalib.php');
      	$resp = rp_recaptcha_check_answer($recaptcha['privkey'], $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"], $_POST["recaptcha_challenge_field"], $_POST["recaptcha_response_field"]);

    So its not that I've got old versions lying around.....

    And I think this might be why the API key vanishes:

    in the ust_check_api function there is this code:

    $api_response = ust_http_post();
      if ($api_response && $api_response != 'Valid') {
        $message = __(sprintf("There seems to be a problem with the Anti-Splog plugin API key on your server at %s.\n%s\n\nFix it here: %s", $current_site->domain, $api_response, $ust_url), 'ust');
      } else if (!$api_response) {
        $message = __(sprintf("The Anti-Splog plugin on your server at %s is having a problem connecting to the API server.\n\nFix it here: %s", $current_site->domain, $ust_url), 'ust');
      }
    
      if ($message) {
        //email site admin
        $admin_email = get_site_option( "admin_email" );
        $subject = __('A problem with your Anti-Splog plugin', 'ust');
        wp_mail($admin_email, $subject, $message);
    
        //clear API key
        $ust_settings = get_site_option("ust_settings");
        $ust_settings['api_key'] = '';
        update_site_option("ust_settings", $ust_settings);
      }

    Which means that if $message ends up being set for any reason - including the call to https://premium.wpmudev.org/ust-api.php timing out (and you do time out from time to time here over in the UK) then the API key is cleared....

  • Aaron
    • CTO

    The include error your referring to was fixed in 1.0.7, perhaps you didn't replace the blog-suspended.php file, I even confirmed in a fresh download.

    As far as the API key thing, yes the code is there to remove it, but it won't happen unless your server can't contact ours 2 times in a row 24 hours apart. Also you will receive an email if that happens.

  • Steve Atty
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Aaron - that's the file in the download that I did just to check just before I posted the message. The file is dated 02-March but is numbered as 1.0.6. Things like the change log are also dated 02-March but refer to Version 1.0.7. I've dropped the zip I download here http://www.pemmaquid.plus.com/575_anti-splog-1.0.7.zip just so you can see that I'm not getting confused.

    Digging through the pile of messages I got I did get a message telling me that my server couldn't connect to the API server - but isn't deleting the API key a bit drastic?

  • Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

    Re Anti Splog,
    I have installed a clean version of anti-splog to a new install of your latest buddy press, multi site, in the plugins folder as directed.

    Network>Settings>Anti-Splog
    When I try to Register a Site:

    Multisite Domain*
    This is the root domain of your multisite server without the www, like "mymusite.com".

    it chops off the first 2 letters of my website and leaves it as **iitch.net so I am unable to use the plugin.

    When I add the API key that was generated I go through this loop
    There was a problem with the API key you entered: "Invalid API Key" Fix it here»

    I click onthe link and it truncates the domain again to **iitch.net

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.