anti-splog set to 'not spam' but still spamming blogs

Hello,

Im using Anti-Splog (latest version) with WP 3.5. I have set it NOT to spam blogs on signup (see screenshot 1).

However blogs are occasionally being incorrectly spammed upon signup (see screenshot 2). Although the blog shown has a path that looks to be spam, in this case having spoken to the user I am certain that it is not.

The splog certainty is marked as 0% so it should never have been spammed based on that figure. Also the method is marked as 'manual' even though the blog was spammed automatically, just compare the 'registered' and 'spammed' times.

Is it possible to look back at the logs at your end and look into this further? Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks
Jack

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jack,

Thank you for the great question and indeed I have no idea nor access to any records in the back end of things though I also believe that this should not be happening with your settings set the way you described.

0% means zero percent.

With this in mind and no explanation, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Aaron
    • CTO

As it says manual then that means it was initiated by you via a click either on the sites page or from one of the antisplog queues tabs.

A common reason for something like this is you spammed an ip and it caught that blog tied to the ip. Though in this case based on the timing, it may have been caught by the pattern matching rules. One of the default patterns spams a url format like that.

• Creative Blogs
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok that explains it, it must be the pattern matching. The spam method showing as 'manual' in this instance was a bit misleading so perhaps it should indicate that it was due to pattern matching.

Thanks for clarifying Aaron.

With the pattern matching rules as well it would be useful if there was an action to add a blog to the suspected splog queue rather than spam it straight away. Would this be possible?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.