Anti-splog update won't activate

I'm running WP3.1 with buddypress. I just updated anti-splog 1.07 following the directions on the site:

1. Download the Anti-Splog plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload the /anti-splog/ folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site

Note: If you have an older version of the plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.

4. Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there.
5. Upload blog-suspended.php into the /wp-content/ folder on your site

When I log into my account, I get two anti-splog (I deleted the old version already).
Anti-Splog and Anti-Splog (Feature: Spammed Notice and Splog Review Form), When I try to activate either of them, I get taken to a page that says I've been flagged for spam.

My anti-splog folder that I'm uploading has:
includes folder
language folder
put-in-wp-content folder
anti-splog.php
changelog
sql

The put-in-wp-content folder makes me wonder if I'm supposed to uploading the whole anti-splog folder, although that is what the directions say.

At the moment I'm without any spam protections, so any help will be appreciated.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It may be that something strange has happened with your database table as occurred in the following.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/anti-splog-plugin-suspended-my-site

If so, then it would require a quick look into your database with phpMyAdmin. I'll gladly walk you through the process if you're not familiar with it. I'm going to be in the member's only chat area at the following if you'd like more immediate help with this.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/members-only-chat/

Cheers,
    David

• ltruex
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi David,
    Thank you for your reply. I looked at the other link. I can try to figure out the database thing. Do I do that first or do I install antisplog first?

Do I install the folder with all the content, (includes folder, language folder, put-in-wp-content folder,anti-splog.php, changelog, sql) in the plugins folder and then install the blog file from put-in-wp-content folder to the wp-content folder? (That's what the directions say, but in the past it's been incorrect.)

I'm wondering will I have lost all my spammed sites... in other words will all sites be active again and I'll have to spam and ignore as I did with the earlier version?

Thanks again.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello ltruex,

Thanks for your patience through this. Installing Anti-Splog first would be the best bet. You should be able to follow the directions exactly as that's worked perfectly in my test site.

I'm hoping the above re-install will just work, since that should keep your current settings all intact. Deleting the database tables would lose your previously spammed site. I'm hoping we can avoid that.

Could you let me know how this goes?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.