Any easy way to require Membership approval from two different members?

I have a site with two membership levels, active and associate.

For the active level, each new user must have the approval of two existing “active” members before they can become official members.

• brad_parnell
    • Flash Drive

Thank you Jack for your quick response.

This plugin is great for activating admin approval but not all “Active” members are admins. Also, each prospective active member needs the approval of two current active members.

I know this is a unique use case and any help or suggestions on how to implement this is appreciated.

• brad_parnell
    • Flash Drive

I had an idea of adding two additional fields to the registration form. Each field will require the user to enter the email address of two different active members.

After submission of the form, an email will be sent to each sponsor and they will be required to approve the sponsorship by responding to the email. The email response is sent to the admin of the site.

If both sponsors approve, the site would have to then manually upgrade the user from an “Active – Pending” status to a full “Active” status.

So I guess now my question is:

Is there a function in place that I could hook into in my functions.php file that would allow me to grab the values of the two new fields and then generate the emails? Or even better, is there a way to the two sponsor email addresses to the function that sends the admin an email?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @brad_parnell

I hope you are well today, that makes sense, though I’m not entirely sure how this can be done though.

It’s going to need some additional require fields on the membership registration form and then require those values to be checked against a existing and paid member? In the database.

Then, it’s going to need a additional manual gateway as out of the box, at sign up the member is added to the choosen subscription.

I’m going ti include my colleague @alexander Rohmann to see if he has any ideas here.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.