Any follow-up emails system available?

I want to produce a series of “training” emails to go out to new blog owners, much like an email marketing autoresponder system would do. Is there such a system available in WPMU?

If not, is there a way to automatically add new bloggers to an autoresponder system?

Thanks,

Kirk

• Kirk Ward
    • Syntax Hero

Aha, it seems its shown as “Messaging” in the sidebar. Thought that was the one at a time email thing

Anyhoo, I went in and set up a test. Seems like it will only go for 31 days. Is that correct? No ability to set up for a weekly newsletter going out each week for 37 years? Or one year, whichever comes first.

• Kirk Ward
    • Syntax Hero

I have downloaded the mailchimp plugin, and explored mailchimp. But I do not see where that is anything other than an autoresponder service like aWeber. I already have an email newsletter sign up form available for visitors to sign up on, but not an automatic system to start sending to the bloggers themselves.

As far as overloading the servers, I have my autoresponder script on a VPS account dedicated to that script. I can do several hundred thousand emails a day with no problem. The thing I want is for the new blogger (not their user) to be automatically signed up and I don’t see that in the system or in mailchimp … unless I’m missing something very simple, like a form I need to fill out.

• skolbloggen
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

A problem with mailchimp is that its full of addresses that Anti Splog plugin has marked as spam, but the addresses has not been deleted in mailchimp. At the moment I have thousands of spam-email addresses in my list. Even its tempting to spam them back, it costs me money also, so at the present time I can not use mailchimp at all.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.