Any method in My Hub to just update all plugins for a single site

Hi,

I cant see any way to bulk update:

1. ....all WPMUDEV plugins for a single site via My Hub
2. ... all plugins needing updates for a single site via My Hub
3. ... all wpmudev plugins via the WPMUDEV Dashboard on a site

I know there is an Update Everything button on My Hub - but i only want to update plugins on certain selected sites (my private development sites that number about 15) and have over 100 sites listed (mostly client's live sites) which i do not want to update in this process.

Is there any way i can update all plugins for one or more selected sites in a single process... without having to click the update button next to the plugin and wait for each to update before moving onto the next?

Thanks
Chris

• Jaxom

Hi Chris

At the moment I don't believe there is a way to do what you want, but it is a good idea.
    However from your comments I was a bit surprised that you do not want to update your clients sites.
    I was wondering why, when these updates are designed to improve the user experience and "The Most Important Part" fix bugs and vulnerabilities in a plugin.
    Leaving your clients sites from the update process opens up your clients sites to being hacked or having malicious code injected because you didn't update there site.

• chris

Hi,

I update client sites manually - but as mentioned in some other threads about My Hub - there is not enough storage available via the WPMUDEV backup options to create backups of all the sites mentioned prior to updating the plugins.

If i update my dev sites and it causes an issue (and there definitely have been issues in the past with past with plugin updates -especially after a WP core update) it is not a major issue and I can fix in my own time. However if a client site goes offline they could be losing sales or enquiries and it is not worth the risk!

Hope this makes sense.

A grouping type solution would be ideal. E.g. i put all my safe to udpate sites together. All my dev sites together. all my tricky/complex sites together then i could use the bulk actions - but until then (or an exclusion checkbox) i can't use it and have to use wordpress core update functions on a site by site basis. Its a shame!

Thanks
    Chris

• Tyler Postle

Hey chris,

2. ... all plugins needing updates for a single site via My Hub

You can select which sites you want to include in the "Update Everything" Hub option. ie:

You would just need to de-select all other sites

1. ....all WPMUDEV plugins for a single site via My Hub

You won't be able to do just WPMU DEV plugins, it will include all WPMU DEV and also wp.org updates. If you wanted to update only WPMU DEV plugins for a site then you would need to do that individually from the Hub or login to the site and use the default WordPress bulk updater.

3. ... all wpmudev plugins via the WPMUDEV Dashboard on a site

The above answer relates to this one as well, if you want to do just WPMU DEV plugins then you will need to go to the WordPress updater and select all WPMU DEV plugins then perform the bulk update.

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler