Any Plans For.....

Just curious if there are plans to include all WordPress files in these backups. There were a couple of files in the root of a site I worked on that were added to the regular WP installation by a plugin. Not having them in the backup would have caused the restoration to fail. Even a "File Inclusion" feature (similar to the "Exclusion" feature) would work. Especially if one could select entire directories.

Second, I don't see any ability to limit the number of backups to be kept in Dropbox anymore. Is this something that might be added back again later?

Finally, when choosing "Run Now" from the hover links in the snapshots - would it be possible to have it redirect to the progress screen upon click? The only way to be sure it ran is to refresh the page and check to see if the logs increase as it is now.

Thank you again for all of your hard work @Paul . It is very much appreciated.

~ Corey

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Corey,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Just curious if there are plans to include all WordPress files in these backups. There were a couple of files in the root of a site I worked on that were added to the regular WP installation by a plugin. Not having them in the backup would have caused the restoration to fail. Even a "File Inclusion" feature (similar to the "Exclusion" feature) would work. Especially if one could select entire directories.

Same kinda feature is being discussed here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/will-snapshot-backup-other-folders-and-files-that-are-i-the-root-of-the-wp-install

Second, I don't see any ability to limit the number of backups to be kept in Dropbox anymore. Is this something that might be added back again later?

I will ask Paul to provide more info on this one :slight_smile:

Finally, when choosing "Run Now" from the hover links in the snapshots - would it be possible to have it redirect to the progress screen upon click? The only way to be sure it ran is to refresh the page and check to see if the logs increase as it is now.

This is a nice feature to add on I agree. I am going to move this to the feature requests category and alert Paul on this thread right away.

Thank you again for all of your hard work @Paul . It is very much appreciated.

@Paul is great :slight_smile: Thanks for the nice words Corey.

Cheers, PC

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

Thanks @PC

@NetPotion,

Yes, this is coming as per the other thread PC referenced. Will be added before end of the month. I'm actually working on this logic this week.

Good catch! Correct we don't currently limit the number of files on the remote destination. This is coming but there are some potential issues for example if you initially setup the Dropbox destination to just go to the root of the destination. Then change this later to some sub-folder. Snapshot would have a very hard time moving these files on the remote destination for you. But the plan is to add this soon.

would it be possible to have it redirect to the progress screen upon click?

As pretty as the progress screen is I'm actually trying to get rid of it. There is a tremendous amount of JavaScript and AJAX calls to handle the backups and many many things can go wrong.

When you click the 'run now' option is actually schedules a one time WPCron job to run. When WPCron kicks off the scheduled process for the 'run now' or any schedule snapshot, you will see in the 'Interval' column a 'Now' link. Clicking this 'Now' link is supposed to show the progress much like viewing the logs from the 'Archives' column. The thought here is you may have many scheduled snapshots running at any one time.

As always thanks for being a member here at WPMU DEV. And thanks for helping out with Snapshot. It is the users who drive the functionality and we feed off your responses.

Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.