Any Plans For An Auction Plugin?

Seems as if the E-commerce plugin could easily be modified to allow site visitors to setup an account, and place auctions hosted by *mysite.com* or maybe even modify the classifieds plugin to allow users to sell items on my site, the user could submit payment via paypal which would go to the users account or maybe some option to direct payments to my account after which the user could redeem from me in the form of a check or to their own paypal account minus any applicable fees? please email me if you know how to do this as it is a feature i am dieng for. bunkybuddy@bunkybuddy.com

• aecnu

Greetings bunkybuddy,

Thank you for this great suggestion!

Though this subject has been pondered in the recent past, we have yet to develop an auction plugin though this is a great plugin request.

In consideration of a possible solution now, I would suggest Market Press plugin.

It does not have a bidding process, but it could be used to share in revenue using chained payments of people selling things via Market Press.

To convert this or any e-commerce site into an auction plugin is not nearly as easy as one would think.

The only other option you may want to try is WP Auctions though it is not rated very high and is somewhat aged, it is direct proof of how difficult this is to program or there would be lots of them to choose from and it is the only one I can find.

You may wonder why I would offer you to download a non WPMU Dev plugin is because my mandate is to help any WPMU Dev Member any way I legally can, therefore the off site suggestion.

However, in addition I will be moving this ticket to the features/Plugins request area and alerting the WPMU Dev lead developer of the request.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings bunkybuddy,

wow i had no clue how to set marketpress up to do that

First you must setup the Market Press plugin in Network Activated mode. Next you would want to activate the chained payments gateway with it being the only gateway available and go through the PayPal API approval process for the chained payments gateway:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/paypal-x-process#post-95657

Also there is text and graphics within the Market Press plugin showing how this is done.

my users currently dont have access to the backened where products can be added etc. is there a way to grant certain users access to this capability from the front end?

Not that I am aware of, they do not get access this way. It is done when they create there own sub site using your MultiSite installation becoming part of it and they have access to the admin of their own sub site.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.