any plans to sync multisite to multisite?

is there any plans for this plugin to be mulsite synced. i am looking to sync all users on one multisite installation to another multisite installation.

• nelnehal
    • The Incredible Code Injector

sync all multisite users means that we can then have two installations, running one network, which can be a cool thing. for example i can have one install for business,events,buddypress, and the other specifically for marketpress but both other one brand name. this makes organizing and maintaining networks much easier.

• Andrey

Hello everyone,

yes, maybe it's good idea, but we must describe how it will work.

how I understand you want sync between two (or more) differnt WP multisite networks.

for example:
    you have two installations:

"network_1" with sites:
    "site_1"
    "site_2"

"network_2" with sites:
    "site_3"
    "site_4"

you want sync all users from "network_1" to "network_2" - all users must be related with "site_3" and "site_4"

I correct understood you ???

• nelnehal

yea thats more or less what i was looking at

you want sync all users from "network_1" to "network_2" - all users must be related with "site_3" and "site_4"

all user sync from network_1 to network_2 (which is the global user base(all users))- when the users are synced to the new network, they do not belong to any site. we can then allocate the users to which ever site we want, our own way-( for example using the user management plugin).

• mira360
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

If it is not too much to ask would be very good for the established central site
    what kind of Christianity should have with other Syrians:

For example:
    Cenral Site (all user-same) sync with WPMU SITE 2 and all sub-
    sites
    Central Site (new user only to central, not central to site)
    sicronizacion with WPMU Site 2 - Sub-site 1

I do not know if I explained well, if the site can choose to spend their Central allows users or not the site that is synchronized. It would be ideal to support a central site with the same login with customers in their webs.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

Here is how we would need it:

We would have multiple multisite installations:

Network 1 (with all its subsites)
    Network 2 (with all its subsites)
    Network 3 (with all its subsites, etc.)
    Etc....

We would want any users on Network 2, 3, 4, etc. to be synced with Network 1, so we can use a Zendesk single sign-on system that is linked to that site. So, if you have subsite.network2.com, your credentials would also be added to the main network so you can log into Zendesk with your WP credentials even if you don't have a blog on that network.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Mark

• Donald McIntyre

I propose a 3 option plugin that syncs between different multisite installs:

Scenario:

Owner: Jimmy
    Network A: with 10 subsites, 100 users on main site and 100 users on subsites (total: 200 users)
    Network B: with 10 subsites, 100 users on main site and 100 users on subsites (total: 200 users)
    Network C: with 10 subsites, 100 users on main site and 100 users on subsites (total: 200 users)
    Network D: with 10 subsites, 100 users on main site and 100 users on subsites (total: 200 users)
    Network E: with 10 subsites, 100 users on main site and 100 users on subsites (total: 200 users)
    Jimmy´s admin credentials: 1 for each network

Quantitative summary:

Overall Owners: 1 (Jimmy)
    Networks: 5 (A,B,C,D, and E)
    Total Network Admin Credentials: 5 (Jimmy: 1 for each network)
    Subsites: 50
    Total Sub-sites admins: 50 (all different persons)
    Total Sub-sites admin credentials: 50
    Main sites users: 500 (includes Jimmy)
    Sub-sites users: 500 (Includes sub-sites admins)
    TOTAL GLOBAL USERS ON JIMMY´S NETWORKS: 1000 (inludes Jimmy and 50 sub-site admins)
    TOTAL SITES IN JIMMY´S NETWORKS: 55 (5 main sites, 50 sub-sites)

Jimmy´s Needs:

To flexibly integrate users that join the 5 networks plus the 50 sub-sites.

Plugin functionality:

1. Be able to sync users across multiple WP installs.
    2. Be able to sync users across multiple WP Multisite installs.
    3. Everything with or without BuddyPress.
    4. Option 1: sync users from 1 network/main/master site down into all other network main sites only.
    Option 2: sync users from 1 network/main/master site down into all other network/main sites and their sub-sites also.
    Option 3: sync users from 1 network/main/master site down into its own sub-sites only.
    Option 4: sync users from all network/main sites up into the network/main/master site (this would aggregate 500 users on the selected network/main/master site).
    Option 5: sync users from all sub-sites to their respective network´s main/master site (they would have 200 each).
    Option 6: sync users from all network/main sites and all sub-sites accross all networks up into a designated network/main/master site or a separate single master site (site #56) created for this purpose (here Jimmy would aggregate 1000 users into one selected master site).
    Option 7: sync the network/main sites with the other network/main sites (here Jimmy would have all main sites with 500 members each)
    Option 8: sync all sites with all sites (here Jimmy would have all main sites and sub-sites with 1000 members each)

There are other possibilities, but I hope this is understandable! My choice would be to leave each network how it is and have 1 mastar site aggregate all 1000 users, but that´s just me!!

Thx, Donald.

• Donald McIntyre

@mira360 I don´t know, Iam a client like you, we have to ask @Andrey who is the developer. Andrey: what do you say? any estimate of when there could be an update or new release?

Thank you!

Donald.

PS: this plugin is VERY important for WPMU owners like us!!!!

• Donald McIntyre

Sorry for not getting back to you everybody. The plugin did NOT work with my multisites and the theoretical 1 central master site.

Live, Google, Facebook, Yahoo, etc all have many sites and you only get a hotmail account and you can use all Microsoft sites or a gmail and use all Google sites. I don´t know why nobody has created a Wordpress multiway, multisite user sync plugin!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.