Any suggestions for a slideshow that works with multisite?

A multisite install can't allow users to upload to a particular folder to point the slideshow at (for example). This seems pretty common! What's the favorite plugin? Specifically I'd like to put a slideshow of photos into a widget.

• Timothy Bowers

Hi SJoAnneF

A multisite install can't allow users to upload to a particular folder to point the slideshow at (for example). This seems pretty common! What's the favorite plugin? Specifically I'd like to put a slideshow of photos into a widget.

Many themes have slide shows within them where the admin (any site admin) can choose a category to pull certain posts from. Posts with images will have those images (the first image on the page) in the featured area, some require you to set a specific featured image.

You might also wish to take a peak at the WP directory for "Widget" and "Slideshow":

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=widget+slideshow

I've not tested any of those plugins so I couldn't comment on which is best to use. I would advise testing them on a sandbox site so that your main production website does not become cluttered.

Hope this helps.