ANY way possible to use Membership with an existing Member Plug-in?

Greetings! I am assisting another designer with a site. The client uses a payment gateway that won’t work with Membership, so I am forced to work with their current membership plug-in. This amazing POS is called Wishlist. The client would like to set up a different main header navigation for each of their membership levels. While the Membership plug-in does this beautifully, their plug-in has no way to do this at all. I am working with a child of the theme Triden and am having no luck with getting this to work on my own.

I added this to functions: <?php function register_header_menu()

{

register_nav_menu(‘menu’, ‘Main Menu’:wink:;

register_nav_menu(‘menu-virtual-members’, ‘Virtual Tribe Members’:wink:;

register_nav_menu(‘menu-tribe-members’, ‘Tribe Members’:wink:;

register_nav_menu(‘menu-tribe-leaders’, ‘Tribe Leaders’:wink:;

register_nav_menu(‘menu-90-day-program’, ’90 Day Program’:wink:;

}

?>

And added this to the child of the header – to replace the line calling the header function and am getting no joy whatsoever.

<?php global $current_user, $WishListMemberInstance;

$WLMCurrentUserLevels = WLMAPI::GetUserLevels($current_user->ID);

if ( function_exists(‘has_nav_menu’:wink: && (has_nav_menu(‘menu-tribe-members’:wink: || has_nav_menu(‘menu-virtual-members’:wink: || has_nav_menu(‘menu-tribe-leaders’:wink: || has_nav_menu (‘menu-90-day-program’:wink:) )

{

if ( has_nav_menu(‘main’:wink: )

if ($current_user->ID != 0 && array_key_exists(‘this LevelNum’, $WLMCurrentUserLevels) && has_nav_menu(‘menu-tribe-members’:wink:)

{

wp_nav_menu( array( ‘depth’ => 5, ‘sort_column’ => ‘menu_order’, ‘container’ => ‘ul’, ‘menu_id’ => ‘nav’, ‘menu_class’ => ‘fr’, ‘theme_location’ => ‘menu-tribe-members’ ) );

}

elseif ($current_user->ID != 0 && array_key_exists(‘this LevelNum’, $WLMCurrentUserLevels) && has_nav_menu(‘menu-virtual-members’:wink:)

{

wp_nav_menu( array( ‘depth’ => 5, ‘sort_column’ => ‘menu_order’, ‘container’ => ‘ul’, ‘menu_id’ => ‘nav’, ‘menu_class’ => ‘fr’, ‘theme_location’ => ‘menu-virtual-members’ ) );

}

elseif ($current_user->ID != 0 && array_key_exists(‘this LevelNum’, $WLMCurrentUserLevels) && has_nav_menu(‘menu-tribe-leaders’:wink:)

{

wp_nav_menu( array( ‘depth’ => 5, ‘sort_column’ => ‘menu_order’, ‘container’ => ‘ul’, ‘menu_id’ => ‘nav’, ‘menu_class’ => ‘fr’, ‘theme_location’ => ‘menu-tribe-leaders’ ) );

}

elseif ($current_user->ID != 0 && array_key_exists(‘this LevelNum’, $WLMCurrentUserLevels) && has_nav_menu(‘menu-90-day-program’:wink:)

{

wp_nav_menu( array( ‘depth’ => 5, ‘sort_column’ => ‘menu_order’, ‘container’ => ‘ul’, ‘menu_id’ => ‘nav’, ‘menu_class’ => ‘fr’, ‘theme_location’ => ‘menu-90-day-program’ ) );

}

else

{

if (has_nav_menu(‘menu’:wink:)

{

wp_nav_menu( array( ‘depth’ => 5, ‘sort_column’ => ‘menu_order’, ‘container’ => ‘ul’, ‘menu_id’ => ‘nav’, ‘menu_class’ => ‘fr’, ‘theme_location’ => ‘menu’ ) );

}

}

}

?>

Not working at all. I do get multiple menu options in the Menu Dashboard, but the menu appears on the screen momentarily while the site is loading and then disappears no matter what membership level I am using. Etch.

OK, for the silly question. Is there any way to use the Membership Plug-in with another Membership Plug-In, so I can use the extremely handy tools for creating a different navigation experience for each user based on their membership level? Wishlist is irritating the heck out of me – and I just want to make it work like your Membership Plug-In.

ANY suggestions would be most welcome!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings camparoo,

Thank you for the great question and it is highly unlikely that this will be possible considering that Membership takes over the entire site and becomes top dog when activated.

But I do not know everything.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hiya, we haven’t heard from you in a while so I just wanted to check in and see how things are going here?

If you still need some assistance then by all means just reopen the thread or create another one for any new and related issues.

Cheers.

Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.