Anyone actually have AFFILIATES plugin working on multi for 'signups'?

We have been trying everything and the Affiliates plugin will not register signups for our multisite. Tried support but they dont have any idea why its not working and last support chat person close out his chat telling me not to contact about the issue.

So if anyone in the community knows that it actaully works for multi site ‘signups’ pls let us know so we can try to troubleshoot other things on our end.

Thanks!

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Aaron

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Wouldn’t you mind to describe a little bit more the issue, just to make sure that I understood the problem. Maybe provide some steps and grant the support access and I can have a closer look.

1. Log in to the WordPress Admin Panel for your site (go to the Network Admin dashboard if on Multisite), and then navigate to the “Support” page from the WPMU DEV menu item (WPMU DEV > Support).

2. Click the “Grant Support Access” button in the Support Access panel.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Have a Great day,

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Aaron

Thank you for grant the support access, I had a closer look on this, I wasn’t able to replicate on my website, it can be caused by a plugin conflict.

Wouldn’t you mind please to run a plugin conflict test.

Remember, is important that you run this test in a staging site, if you can’t do it you must create a full backup.

Please deactivate all plugins just keep the one which you are having problem and check if the problem is gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is creating the issue.

If you still having this issue, could you do a theme test, much the same as the plugin test, but now you’re testing themes!

Activate one of the default WordPress themes, like Twenty Sixteen or Twenty Seventeen.

Here you will find more information: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

Let us know the results that you get.

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

• Aaron
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

So I am really confused now. I’m running my site on WPENGINE. I pulled the whole site into the ‘staging’ area and testing the Affiliates plugin and it works correctly.

However, its not working on my main live site.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Aaron

I can see that live site is using Nginx, on the stating site is the same or Apache?

I tried on my apache server, implement the Nginx server when check if I get the same issue.

Is there any specific server configuration on live that I might try to reproduce on my server?

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

• Aaron

Hey Patrick,

It is indeed on the staging site running Apache which is why it works (most likely from what you said). On the live site, it is Nginx, which is why is is most likely not working.

The support rep from WPENGINE asked “I’m going to check for a cookie to exclude, if I cannot find one, you will have to contact the plugin dev for the correct cookies to exclude.”

*Update*

He couldnt find one.

Also, it looks like I cant find any options to move my site to another hosting company that supports multisite unlimited* subdomains (how my site is set up).

So is there any options on getting this Affiliates plugin to work on the nginx hosting?

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Aaron

I’ll take a look on my Nginx server and try to replicate it using Nginx, you can exclude a cookie using this function.

Create a MU-Plugin: Open by FTP the WP root Folder > wp-content > create a folder and name it to mu-plugins > create a delete_cookies.php > past this command:

<?php

unset( $_COOKIE[$v_username] );
    setcookie( $v_username, '', time() - ( 15 * 60 ) );

?>

You can read a full article here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/set-get-delete-cookies/

Let me know the results,

Have a Great Day,

Patrick Freitas

• Aaron

Still not working.

Also, the WPENGINE support did this for me and still doesnt work.

With that in mind, I did some research to see what cookies the plugin is using to see if we can get those excluded. I found that the plugin uses the ‘affiliate_’ cookie, so I’ve added a cache exclusion for that plugin. Here’s a link to a support thread on the developer’s site that I discovered this cookie in if you’d like to review it yourself: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/issue-with-affiliates-plugin-not-creating-cookies

Please test to see if that cookie exclusion did the trick or if you’re still seeing that error.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Aaron

Sorry for the delay,

Would you mind please send me the FTP access and grant the support access as well and I can have a closer look.

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:

Subject: “Attn: Patrick Freitas”

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Let me know when you send the FTP information.

Have a great day,

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.