Apache error fix?

How can I fix this error which shows at the top of all my pages?

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 24 in /home/genuine/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 198

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 24 in /home/genuine/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 199

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 24 in /home/genuine/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 198

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: missing ) at offset 24 in /home/genuine/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php on line 199

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dustin,

Hmm, have you had a look at the lines of code from /wp-includes/class-wp.php that the errors are referencing? If you could post them here we can see what we can find on them.

What they read would depend on your version of WP and/or any potential changes made therein so posting them here would help.

Thanks,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Dustin,

Hope you don’t mind I’ve edited that down to the relevant lines 189 and 199. It’s actually as I suspected, within the permalinks section.

Have you tried resetting your permalinks at Settings > Permalinks? Perhaps you could try deactivating any plugins that utilize custom post types or alter permalink settings, then resetting the permalinks to see if that sorts the error?

-David

• dustin
    • The Crimson Coder

David

Thanks for the help. What exactly do I do with that code you provide? Do I totally replace my old code with that? My permalinks had been set to /%postname%/

How do I know which plugins may utilize custom post types or alter permalink settings?

Dustin

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya Dustin,

Actually, the code is from the code you posted. I just snipped it down to the relevant lines 198 and 199 for easy reference.

It seems very likely to be permalink related, though it’d be best to simply deactivate all your plugins for a moment then reset the permalinks to see if that sorts the error.

That’ll let you know for sure there’s a plugin that’s behind the error message.

-David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.