API Activation

I downloaded the membership plugin. I have the API. How do I activate it with my API code?

Maybe I'm slow of learning but I'm a newbie forgive me.

Thanks.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello JJHerman,

Welcome to the Forum!

Everyone started just like you, no worries mate. Maybe I forgot, but isn't the Updates Notifications plugin asking for the API?

You can do that on a page like this:
    YOURSITE.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-settings#wpmudev_apikey

Also note that the API key is the Key that you get from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/profile.php?page=subscription

Let me know how that goes :slight_smile:

• JJHerman
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the reply. It works. I can set up levels and subscriptions. I still don't see where to set up the payment stuff on the front end?

The link you provided did not work either. So I'm not sure if I simply have a free version or paid.

Also I don't see any tutorials?

So in sum, not sure if I have the paid version? Not sure where to set up paypal payments on front end...don't see it with widgets...? No tutorials?

Talking to the client in 10 hours help is appreciated. Thanks.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello JJHerman,

You can post in the forum, so that means you are using the paid version, unless you downloaded the lite version for some reason.

To double check, get the full version from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

btw, you do not see your API key here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/profile.php?page=subscription

We have a detailed tutorial for Membership plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Membership-Docs-3027.pdf

I am sure that can fix almost everything for you :slight_smile:

Not sure where to set up paypal payments on front end...don't see it with widgets...?

Its not in widgets. It is in the Payment Gateways page in the Membership plugin, here: wp-admin/admin.php?page=membershipgateways

Hover over your gateway and click, settings :slight_smile:

The tutorial should be your best bet. Let me know how that goes.

• JJHerman
    • New Recruit

Ok, everything is uploaded just fine, thank you for the above!

I've had about 4 days to sort through this stuff and am still running into issues, which could be all my fault you tell me.

Details:

I'm setting up 12 levels, one for each week of our program. Level 1-12 are on static pages.

Out of this we need subscriptions on a monthly and annual basis.

Issues:

I currently have all static pages in the positive category for the visitors level (except steps 1-12). Despite this, I can't see any of the static pages as a visitor.

I've marked all subscriptions and levels (except for visitors) as inactive and still no luck on seeing the pages. I have to disable the membership plugin to see it.

I can't see the registration page in full and the link takes me to the homepage, not the fill out form as I want it. I don't see where people can sign up, pay, ect. At one time I could see the registration buttons but they took me to the homepage. I don't see those anymore.

Here is the URL: http://goo.gl/U65lJ

I've read over the manual maybe something is not clicking. With the levels & subscriptions disabled and pages still not accessible and registration page not right it is a real road blog in showing the client our progress. I'm new to WPMU and your products and services look like they could help in a number of ways. Thanks for your help!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey JJ,

Am sorry to hear that you are having troubles. We had the membership RC2 released recently, please update your plugin and see if these go away.

Actually, when you update, please do not use the WordPress updater if possible. Delete the old plugin via FTP and upload the new folder again via FTP :slight_smile:

Let me know how that goes.

• JJHerman
    • New Recruit

I'm having the same issues. I only set up 2 levels to make things simple. Visitor and "Week 1".

As a visitor, I can't see any pages still, even the ones in the 'positive' section.

I've spent countless hours trying to wrap my head around this. I can't be that hard of learning, as I've set up several other plugins, such as wp-ecommerce....which is terrible in a variety of ways....so I've displayed needed patience a ability in the past!

Help is appreciated!!!!!

At some point I need 12 levels and 3 subscriptions. I'm starting to feel the heat from the client. Thanks.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey JJ,

I see that you are using the default permalink model for WordPress. Go to your WordPress dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and change it to something other than the default permalink structure.

The plugin cannot work properly on the default structure.

Let me know how that goes. Looking forward,

• JJHerman
    • New Recruit

It's still not working. Can I give you admin access and set you up as a user?

If I need to upgrade or pay something let me know. I was looking at that anyways but figured this could be like a trial.

I've wrapped my head around this and am clearly not following something correctly. Thanks.

• JJHerman
    • New Recruit

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know I've switched over to s2member. I don't know what all it can do or if it's ultimately better than wpmu membership...but it is working after install....with the free version.

If you still want to set up wpmu membership it would be great. I'll leave your access going.

My client was freaking out that this is not done yet, so I have no option but to explore other solutions.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.