API key

I just reset the API key for my account. How do I disassociate this website from all of my licensed plugins?

• Win
    • Flash Drive

A client has decided, with no warning to me and thus no opportunity to make transition arrangements, to hire someone else to work on her site. Which is not a problem, folks change web developers all the time – except the new company removed my admin access so I cannot uninstall any plugins that are riding on my developer’s licenses.

My preference would have been to log in one last time and uninstall anything licensed to me. I was not afforded that opportunity.

Next best thing would be to invalidate the licensing for that site. Since I can’t log in to support it, the new developer should not be able to access support for those plugins, or the training videos I had installed, etc.

I reset the API key here in my account, in the hopes that, like GravityForms, I would have to go back into my active sites and enter the new key. But the way your API works, when I reset the key in my account, all the active sites picked it up anyway.

How can I disconnect that site from my WPMU account, if I can’t log into it?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

I am sorry you lost your client – on such a short notice on top of that.

Resetting the API key means those sites are now no longer able to access any WPMU features associated to your account and you should need to do nothing further.

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re happy to help!

• Win
    • Flash Drive

Thanks! I assume that they way this works is that the plugins still function, but because they can’t log into the WPMU dashboard they won’t be able to update them or get any support?

Because when I log into other sites that use WPMU plugins, even when I log in with the client’s admin access rather than mine, all the plugins are working fine and I didn’t have to do anything like re-enter an API key.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you’re well!

How’s things going now, we haven’t heard from you in a short while and as such he thread became marked as “Resolved”.

If you’re still in need any help then please feel free to reopen or create a new thread as needed for any issues.

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.