API key, Application Secret, and Application ID seen by all Sub-

API key, Application Secret, and Application ID of the super admin are all seen by Sub-Admins?

Is this a bug or a feature? Or a wrong setting??

Thanks for clarifying

Thorsten

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

OK, with existing users/blogs the deactivation of “Allow sub-sites to use these credentials” doesn’t have an effect. Which is a shame.

Only new created blogs doesn’t show the numbers anymore.

What sense does it make to share the numbers among the network? My understanding is that they don’t work on other (sub)domains.

Can someone do anything wrong with it?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Ah sorry, I see what you’re getting it at here… you’re expecting those fields to be removed completely on sub-sites, correct?

Checking that option from network admin doesn’t remove the fields, it pre-fills them with your App keys but still gives the sub-site admin the fields (and therefore values) so that they can change them if they wish.

What I think you’re expecting is an option that forces those credentials on users and therefore doesn’t show the app credentials at all. Is that right?

OR are you wanting to allow sub-site admins to use your app if they want but without showing them your app ID etc?

Sorry for the confusion. If you can confirm exactly what you’re expecting I’ll pass your comments to the developer.

Phil

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Phil,

The very best option would be that sub-admins wouldn’t see anything and that Facebook just works. But following the conversions in this forum this is restricted by Facebook. The application is linked to an URL and would not work with subdomains and domain mapping?!

As I find it confusing myself (and my clients are mainly not very skilled power users) to find already some figures entered which don’t work, the second best solution is just leaving the boxes empty.

Or am I wrong?

Thanks & Bests

Thorsten

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

would not work with subdomains and domain mapping

That’s right, which is kind of annoying but kind of makes sense.

What would be ideal I guess is to have those fields hidden from all sub-sites but then – on request – made available and blanked for any site using domain mapping.

That way, any sub-sites not on domain mapping would use your app and any site that enables domain mapping would be forced to enter their own app credentials.

the second best solution is just leaving the boxes empty

Yep, I’d agree with that – it makes it less complicated for the end user because they won’t see instructions for filling out the fields, followed by already filled out fields :slight_smile:

Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Thorsten,

We’re working to address the requests, enhancements, and bugs for this plugin. It’s incredibly popular (which is awesome) but also means it needs to address a wide variety of scenarios. Vlad’s pretty stinkin’ fast and we haven’t lost track of this one. We’ll have an update out as soon as possible.

Thanks!

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi,

just checked the new version and fields are now empty for new users.

One question remains (I don’t have time at the moment to check myself): Is it correct that if someone creates his Facebook Application for a sup domain and later uses domain mapping he needs to change the URL in his Facebook App or create a new Facebook App?

Thanks for clarifying!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.