[app_my_appointments] Displaying all user appointments

I am trying to set up a page where the user can view their appointments. When I use the [app_my_appointments] shortcode, I of course get a beautiful list of appointments.

The problem is that it is displaying ALL confirmed appointments made by all users, not just for the user who is logged in. How can I make it display just the individual user's appointments?

As a bonus follow-up, is there a way to allow users to cancel their appointments through a similar system?

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings loren_small,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

There are parameters to be set using shortcodes that should filter this short code though I do not know the syntax for for invoking this parameter.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us and possibly give us the syntax of how to set this short code to show just client appointments or more accurately specific client appointments.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

I cannot replicate this issue: on my server it shows only current user's own appointments. Can you give us a link?

As a bonus follow-up, is there a way to allow users to cancel their appointments through a similar system?

Well, A+ uses the same process of an e-commerce system: Once you bought a product (or made an appointment) client is not allowed to cancel it. Cancellations are only possible by the admin.

This can be considered as a feature request though.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• diegoys

Hi guys, I was just about to ask the same question.

Not only the cancelation process, but also the time shift for the user appointment.

I thinks it's a very important feature to this product. Have the user change it by himself and make the system set a LIMIT TIME before the actual approved appointment.

Ex. 30 min before the scheduled appointment the user is allowed to CHANGE or CANCEL his reservation to another day. As for the Cancelation (payment issues) we'd need to sort that out how to refund or give him a credit for next visit.

For now we'll leave a phone number where the user can call to CANCEL or CHANGE the time for the Appointment.

Regards,

• aecnu

Greetings loren_small and diegoys,

Thank you both for your input and I am going to move this ticket to the applicable feature requests area as the lead developer suggested.

In the event you folks want to look into having it custom coded in for a possible solution right now, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Moving this to the feature requests area.

Thank you for being WPMU Dev Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

I logged in, but I do not see any appointments. Are you seeing appointments that you have made as test users? Which browser are you using?

Not related to this one, but I could not make an appointment from your page using Chrome because you have a jQuery problem on your theme. Version 1.6 (twice) and version 1.8.1 are being loaded at the same time.

Please find and remove this line from your theme:

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6/jquery.min.js?ver=3.4.2'></script>

and also this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6/jquery.min.js"></script>

I fact you'd rather use the jQuery version coming with WordPress. jQuery V1.8.1 is not yet supported in WordPress 3.4.2

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan

I am having this issue. It seems like the [app_my_appointments] uses cookies instead of remembering the appointment the logged in user made. Am I correct?

No, that is not correct.

It combines cookie records + your appointment records if you made the appointments while you are logged in.

I want to be able to log into 2 different accounts on the same computer and only see the appointments of the logged in user

You can clear your wpmudev_appointments_ cookies. There are some tools (extensions) which lets you clear the cookie set from a certain website. For example I use this for Google Chrome:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/edit-this-cookie/fngmhnnpilhplaeedifhccceomclgfbg

However I can add a selection to confirmation form ("Don't remember me" or "Remember me"). Then cookies will not be saved. I note this as a feature request.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.