Apparent Infinite Loop in WP Defender and Other Errors

I have been installing Defender on all of my WP sites with mostly success. I have noticed that on two of the larger WP installations, that Defender stalls at some point. On the web site in the ticket (calpoint.com), I ran the scan with the log file showing. It appears to be stuck on a group of plugins (see attached file). I also ran it on another WP site (jimmetzger.net). What I found interesting is that it looped back at the exact same file:

~/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-typography/includes/class-wp-typography-requirements.php - OK

When I removed the wp-typography plugin, the scan completed successfully! If you want to take a look at the plugin, it is in the WP repository and on GitHub.

When the scan ran successfully, it flagged a file in wp-typography (I had a copy unzipped in a work directory under the web site root) as Suspicious function found High. I attached a screen grab of the fix message. Please note also that one of the files in the Marketplace plugin got flagged . I attached that screen grab also - the plugin is up-to-date.

A request on the fix message for suspicious code: can you actually show the suspicious code? Would be helpful.

Also, is the scan file saved somewhere? Perhaps add a download button?

I am looking for resolution on the wp-typography problem. I use the plugin on several sites.

Thanks!

Jim

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jim,

I hope you're well today!

These messages are so called "false positives" (pretty similar to "false positives" generated by popular antivirus software) so you could safely hit "Ignore" button.

As for the MarketPress related message: our developers are already aware of it and I'm sure either upcoming release or one of the nearest releases will solve the issue.

As for WP Typography plugin. Are you experiencing this with the newest Defender and WP Typography releases running on current WordPress release - on each of your sites equipped with WP Typography? I just tested this on my sandbox and didn't get that message with this plugin.

If you hit "Ignore" (for WP Typography) does it report it again with next scheduled automated scans?

Please advise!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Jim

Hi Adam!

Excellent Sunday here - away from the keyboard! Thanks for testing WP Typography. As far as versions go, at current WP, as well as up-to-date with Defender and WP Typography. On the schedule for tomorrow, I am going to play the turn off all then turn on each plugin game and see if I can isolate it further.

Will advise what the results are. I'll leave this as open so I can report back the results.

Thanks again,
    Jim