Appearance of old facebook comments on MU sites.

Sirs,

The website I run used to have WordPress default comments; after that for several months it had Facebook plugin comment boxes;
now I switched to Facebook Ultimate plugin.

On one site the old facebook comments look normal; whereas on the other they look like WordPress comments.
I set up Facebook ultimate from the main network site. So, I don't think I did anything different that can entail these appearances.

Would you take a look at it?

See as examples:
http://hornaffairs.com/en/2015/03/31/ethiopian-eritrean-armies-clashed-on-multiple-points/
http://hornaffairs.com/am/2015/02/24/sebehat-nega-interview-tplf-anniversary/

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Daniel,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've visited both links you gave me and to be honest I can't spot a difference in comments look, so I guess those are the examples of the same. I've took a liberty of accessing you dashboard just to check your plugin's settings.

As Ultimate Facebook is network-enabled the "Facebook" menu is accessible for admins of every site. Thus, they're able to change Facebook's settings. If you visit site's dashboards you'll find out that FB comments aren't turned on on every site (see the first image).

If you go back to "Network Admin" -> "Facebook" -> "Facebook Settings" page, you'll be able to play with some options that will allow you to force FB comments all over the network. Please take a look at the remaining images that I've attached to this screenshot.

Please be noted though, that for example setting the "Override individual blog settings" options to "ON" will delete any existing setting of your network's sites.

If you have any further questions on this, please ask. I'll be glad to help!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Daniel Berhane
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the help Adam.
    Your response helped me check the settings and improvements.However, I am not still clear why facebook comments appear the way they do.
    Look at the screenshot(taken from the first link above). All are facebook comments but appear differently. There is no logic - interms of date or whatever to explain the difference.
    I wish facebook comments remain like facebook comments with profile photo and the like.

I extended access to dashboard in case it helps you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.