appears to be a javascript error

I’m running the Nimble theme from Elegant Themes and having two specific issues inside the Membership plugin. 1. Can’t drag/drop widgets from the only item that I’ve loaded into the subscription plans area. 2. Can’t create a hyperlink from a word in the body text of the subscription plan description, using the link tool. It tries to load the JS and runs an error.

The above is what I’ve been told by a professor in website devlopment (JMU). He didn’t have the time yesterday or today to address this for me, then asked “why aren’t you talking to the people who created and support the plugin?” Good question. Email is eric.s.townsend@gmail.com. You’ll need to login to see what I’m describing. I’ll create a guest WP login with an email and credentials you provide.

Yes, I tried de-activating the plugins then re-activating them. No, I haven’t had any trouble with the Nimble theme working with MarketPress. I’m guessing if MarketPres works then there’s not reason for Membership to falter. In other words, Elegant Themes is not likely to blame.

Please email me so I can create login for you to troubleshoot.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ericstownsend,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Membership plugin with the Nimble theme.

I’m guessing if MarketPres works then there’s not reason for Membership to falter.

Unfortunately and I am sorry to report there is absolutely no basis of truth in this logic. Because one works or does not work is not an indication of anything except for the fact that one works and one does not work.

With that said, lets dig in.

What happens when you switch to the Twenty Twelve theme?

And what is the Java Script error?

What is the URL to the site?

Please advise on all of the above and looking forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ericstownsend,

Thank you for sending in the log in credentials which I could not do anything regarding this matter Membership admin access.

As a matter of fact the membership menu option does not even show on the admin dashboard menu.

You must authorize access to this menu item as super admin by being logged into the admin dashboard and going to –> Membership –> Options –> Membership Admins tab and check marking the applicable user.

Please advise when this has been completed.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ericstownsend,

So I went ahead in and did standard troubleshooting protocol – no mystery there and the part that you did not test:

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol – first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem – if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Results – conflict with HTML5 jQuery Audio Player

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.