Apply Coupon loops back to Registration page - Shortcode Fix Status

Hi all -

I see two threads that deal with essentially the same issue, and both have been closed recently due to an inactive user. I am consolidating this and making sure there's an open thread, because the bug fix that will be coming from @Cole is really important.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/testing-coupon-issue

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coupons-restarting-sign-up-process

The forthcoming fix addresses the fact that the shortcode on the Registration page appears to break the application of a Coupon, whereby entering a coupon causes the user to route back to the Registration page rather than the coupon correctly applying to the Subscription.

I've confirmed that removing the shortcode works, but the "fix" of building entirely new page templates (as suggested in one of those two threads) is a pretty hefty chore, hence this ping to see when the fix is coming.

Thanks, Tyler

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dennisonwolfe,

Thank you for checking in regarding this issue.

Just because the other two threads were closed due to inactive users is no indication that the item/fix will be passed over.

However, even if Cole's fix is already incorporated into the not yet released plugin, the lead developer Barry will decide when the plugin is released and he does not do releases often.

Of course the next question is obviously when?

That is a great question that we cannot answer due to WPMU DEV policy is to offer no release dates nor road maps due to member complaints when a release or feature release did not come about on time when it was anticipated.

Even us support staff are not privy to this information.

Therefore we indeed have to wait it out until the next release.

However, I will ask @Cole to come in here and comment on if he has indeed dealt with this issue.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• dennisonwolfe
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Joe -

Thanks for the reply.

That is a great question that we cannot answer due to WPMU DEV policy is to offer no release dates nor road maps due to member complaints when a release or feature release did not come about on time when it was anticipated.

I'm not exactly sure this qualifies as a "member complaint". What has been documented is a straight-up bug (coupon/shortcode conflict) that I'd think should be pretty high on the fixit list.

Cheers
    Tyler

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tyler,

I am totally with you on:

has been documented is a straight-up bug (coupon/shortcode conflict) that I'd think should be pretty high on the fixit list.

And do not consider it as a complaint - the complaint part I was referring to involved when a release did not happen on time - and believe you me they were hot and in some cases down right vicious.

Though I do not know if this spin around back to the registration page has been resolved, it is still out of the support teams hands to release the plugin, but I can assure you if I had my hands on a working flawless or rather this bug fixed copy you would be the first one to receive it even if it were done via email just to get it handled and your issue and ticket resolved.

Thank you for your input and hopefully Barry will release the fix soon if there indeed a cure has been found - meanwhile us support team will have to live with our member's not being happy about it.

I truly wish there was more that I could do.

Sincerely, Joe

• dennisonwolfe
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Joe -

Something to add which may be helpful. I opened up my registration page (http://www.speaksheets.com/register/) in two browsers.

In one (Chrome/Mac), I was logged in and had "View Site as: Visitors". On the front end, I clicked Sign Up, and it skipped the "Create an Account" page. On the next Subscription page, I entered my coupon code "ISTANBUL" and it successfully applied it to the subscription.

In the other browser (Safari/Mac), I was not logged in, and viewing the site as an anonymous user. On the front end, I clicked Sign Up and created an account. Next page, entered the coupon code, and it brought me back to the beginning of the registration process as previously described.

Not sure if this is helpful, just thought I'd let you know and keep this Bug report moving.

Thanks,
    Tyler

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tyler,

Thank you for the additional feedback and helping us chase this bug down.

I have indeed flagged the lead developer to this ticket and issue and hopefully they will have come up with a permanent solution for this phenomenon for us soon.

Thank you for your patience and again for your additional input.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.