Apply Custom CSS to newsletter

I have replaced the default subscribe form of the theme to the form in eNewsletter. Please advise CSS to make it look like before:

https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/v2/lc/att-old/8801096/0d6a12faff48b30c7ea2363911a2d78d/Screenshot%202019-03-01%2020.39.15.png

Also, replace the “Stay in Touch” form in the footer with the eNewseletter, with CSS.

Please check chat notes for more info.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello John Paul

I hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

I have added some CSS to address this to the “Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS” so please take a look at the site (to see the “central” form you’d probably need to see it using either bypass link of coming soon page) and let me know if that’s fine or if it needs some additional tweaks. Since I don’t know your site as good as you do, I might have missed something so let’s focus on that first and if it’s fine, I’ll look into adding that form to the footer then.

There’s also one thing that I cannot do from the site’s back-end as it requires adding a code to the site: by default E-newsletter form doesn’t use “placeholders” so instead of showing field labels “inside fields” it shows them outside. I removed those labels with CSS but to add proper placeholders we need to use additional code. Therefore, please follow these steps:

1. create an empty file with .php extension (e.g. “my-enewsletter-placeholders.php”:wink:

2. copy and paste following code into that file:

<?php
    function wpmu_ens_form_placeholder() {
    ?>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(function($) {
    $('#e_newsletter_email').attr("placeholder", "E-MAIL ADDRESS");
    $('#e_newsletter_name').attr("placeholder", "YOUR NAME");
    });
    </script>
    <?php
    }
    add_action('wp_footer', 'wpmu_ens_form_placeholder');

3. Save the file and upload it (via FTP or cPanel’s “File Manager”:wink: to the “/wp-content/mu-plugins” folder of your site’s WordPress install; if there’s no “mu-plugins” folder inside “wp-content” folder, just create empty one first.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.