Appoinments+ 500 internal error

Hello,
my site uses App+ for a year (http://lisiapolana.pl/tee-time/) but know it started to crash when I go to April http://lisiapolana.pl/tee-time/?wcalendar=1491004800 (Kwiecien in Polish) with 500 Internal Error.

Please help.

PJ

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Pawel,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Can you tell me which version of A+ you're using, including version number and if it's free or Pro version?

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Go to your appointment page and try going to April, once 500 error shows this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Pawel,

Appointments+ in plugins section means that you're using Pro version and the version you are using has been released over a year ago, current version number is 2.0.3.
    Please install our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on your site in question in order to update to latest version, you can get the dashboard plugin from here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Also, based on your logs there are some issues with simple-ajax-auth plugin as well as theme and WP_MEMORY_LIMIT being defined twice in your wp-config.php file.
    These are just notices and shouldn't be affecting your site functionality but it's suggested to check them out and resolve if possible.

Your WordPress installation is quite outdated as well so it's suggested updating that to latest version as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Pawel!

The problem with "500 Internal Server Error" is that it's very "general" and can be caused by a number of reasons: it can be a conflict with a theme or other plugin, some errors in wp-config.php file, corrupted .htaccess file and also insufficient memory limit. That latter one is actually one of the most common causes of it. The "debug.log" of your site shows that the "WP_MEMORY_LIMIT" is defined two times in the "wp-config.php" file and while that shouldn't cause issues, I would start with that:

edit the file please and make sure that it's defined only once and that the definition is located above "/* That's all, stop editing...*/" line ("/* To wszystko, zako?cz edycj? w tym miejscu! Mi?ego blogowania! */" in Polish).

I'm also not sure what the current limit is so if it's anywhere below 256M you might want to try to raise it. I would start with 256M to see if that helps with the issue, the proper line would be

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

If that doesn't help you could run a full theme/plugin conflict test but I would suggest a full update (as suggested by Predrag) of the site first rather than this and then perform the test if after that update the issue still occurs.

That being said, I realize that this is a live site and such a huge update may be a bit risky so please make full backup (files and database) before starting any updates. It might also be safer to first create a staging site (a "one to one/mirror" copy of live site) and test an update there just to make sure that it goes fine. Such a staging site would also be very helpful in case we needed to access it and perform some more "in depth" troubleshooting to solve the issue if it doesn't get fixed with update.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.