Appointment+ bookings and payments

1. I have setup the payment feature whilst booking, however should a client cancel for whatever reason is there a payment reversal or refund?

2. Is it possible to arrange block bookings where a client books say 5 or 10 massage treatments and therefore pays for these in one go and can then use this credit each time they book a session until the credit runs out.

3. From the clientside is it possible to book, unbook or get charged. Is this possible via gcal only?

4. Is it possible to book without a deposit for some clients?

Txs.

• Alexander

Hi there,

I can help clear some of this up for you.

1. I have setup the payment feature whilst booking, however should a client cancel for whatever reason is there a payment reversal or refund?
    No, the payment won't be refunded if they cancel. You'll need to refund manually in PayPal.

2. Is it possible to arrange block bookings where a client books say 5 or 10 massage treatments and therefore pays for these in one go and can then use this credit each time they book a session until the credit runs out.
    I'm sorry, only 1 appointment can be booked at a time

3. From the clientside is it possible to book, unbook or get charged. Is this possible via gcal only?
    If they login to your site, then can cancel from their profile page. This would cancel their appointment. Booking and getting charged would only happen from the main front end booking process (make an appointment page)

4. Is it possible to book without a deposit for some clients?
    Yes, this is possible with Membership integration. When Membership is installed and activated, you'll be able to configure the integration from Appointments+ payments settings. You can provide a discount for users of a particular Membership level - this discount can be set to 100% for free bookings.

You can also enable "Don't ask advance payment from selected Membership level(s)" which will disable the deposit if the user is logged in as someone from that membership level.

Best regards

• IH25

Hello and txs for the quick reply. I have purchased the membership plugin to allow free or non payment for certain clients. It seems complex and I only need a basic membership setup to do the following

1. Everyone has to register to be able to book or cancel etc
    2. Certain members can book without paying

Any tutorials on this.

Also how do I block repeat bookings for long term clients? Is this only possible via gcal synchronisation and if a particular day becomes free due to a cancellation how do I make it available on the front end.

Txs again.

• Alexander

Hi @IH25,

I'm very sorry for the delay here.

1. Everyone has to register to be able to book or cancel etc

On the "General" tab of Appointments+ settings, under Accessibility settings, there's a "Login required" option. Just enabled this and it will require them to create an account.

2. Certain members can book without paying

This isn't possible with Appointments+ alone, but there are two ways I can think to do this.

1. Membership Integration. All you need to do is go to "Access Levels" and add one access level without any rules. Then you can go to "All Members" and manually add this access level to the users who need it. In Appointments+ under payment settings, there's an option to not require payment from certain membership levels.

2. MarketPress integration. You could setup Appointments+ to work with MarketPress. Then you could charge them with the MarketPress gateways instead of the built in PayPal gateway with Appointments+ At this point you could setup 100% off coupons in MarketPress and give the coupons to your users.

Let me know if you need any more help with either of these options.
    Best regards,

• IH25

Hello and txs for the reply

I have set -up login but it does not show anything. I click login but no buttons appear.

http://www.gentlemovement.co.uk

Also I notice that when booking an appointment and then cancelling it without paying etc a pop up appears asking do you wish to cancel, I click yes but on the page it displays it as pending with the option to cancel. That means cancelling 2x , is this an error?

Cheers

• IH25

Book-now page shortcodes

[app_login]
    [app_my_appointments allow_cancel="1" status="paid,confirmed,pending" order_by="start"]
    [list style="check"]

Select the service you require from the drop-down list
    Click 'SHOW AVAILABLE TIMES' to the right
    Select the service provider you require from the drop-down list
    Click 'SHOW AVAILABLE TIMES' to the right
    Select the day for your appointment
    Select the the available time slot from the right
    [/list][box style="check"]No Bookings Within 24 Hours OF APPOINTMENT[/box][app_services] [app_service_providers]
    [app_monthly_schedule]

[app_pagination]

[app_confirmation]

[app_paypal]

I do notice that sometimes is thrown in when using the shortcodes, which I remove manually but odd that the editor throws them in there. Any suggestions and could it be related?

I also have questions on the add-ons , what does the Show Scheduled Users do and how do I use it, same with AJAX Shortcode.

Last of all how do I block repeat bookings in the backend for regular clients? Is this possible through the backend?

Txs

• pxwm

Hi @IH25

Could i suggest it may be worth focusing on resolving one problem at a time so initially I have focused on the cancellation problem.

I'm assuming from your posts that you would like the client to have the option to cancel a confirmed appointment.

Is that correct?

If so I've checked your settings and as well as having the 'Allow client cancel own appointments' field set to 'Yes' you have to add CANCEL (in upper case) to the Confirmation or Reminder email or both.

Suggest you add something like the following at the bottom of the email.

If you wish to cancel your appointment please click the following link: CANCEL

The client would then be directed to the web page you have selected in the 'Appointment cancelled page' field so you could create a specific cancellation page indicating that you have received the cancellation request as the client will not receive a cancellation email notifying them.

Also to confirm the appointment should be automatically moved to the 'Removed' appointment tab and admin and the service provider should receive an email notifying them that the appointment with ID has been removed as long as the relevant A+ 'General' tab settings have been set.

Please let me know if this works and if so could you indicate what problem you wish to resolve next.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• IH25

Txs for this.

This was non-confirmed. In fact it is when being cancelled before booking. That should remove it all together but it shows as pending in My Appointments and the time is blocked out as USED in the calendar when I return to it for another booking on the same day. As it was cancelled and not booked at all it should still be available if I am correct.

Also regarding the confirmed/pending aspect. The particular booking is set up as a non payment type. I achieved this by using the membership plugin and an access level that is free for visitors.

It works in that it does not ask for paypal payment but then when I Do book it, it shows as pending and no email confirmations were issued out to either provider or client.

txs

• pxwm

Hi @IH25

Could you please confirm that the issue relating to cancellation is when the user clicks the 'cancel' button in the appointment form?
    If so then the appointment should not even be made.
    I've tried this and it doesn't appear to book an appointment or block the time in the schedule.

Could you please delete all appointments from all the 'appointments' tabs and then delete them from the 'Removed Appointments' tab

Then try selecting a date/time from the scheduler and then click the cancel button in the appointment form to confirm if this places and appointment in the 'pending appointment' tab and blocks out the time.

I'm sure if you integrate the Membership plugin and setup for some services as free and then set the A+ 'General' tab 'Payment required' field to 'Yes' it will still place the appointment in the 'pending appointment' tab. However this should definitely send Admin a notification of a 'pending appointment' so they can validate the appointment.

For information you can add autorefresh="1" to the [app_services] and [app_service_providers] shortcodes and this removes the 'Show Available Times' button and automatically refreshes the schedule if a Service or Service provider is selected so it simplifies the process for the user.

Regards
    SteveB

• IH25

Hello SteveB

Yes can confirm it is from the form. This is what is happening at this time

1. If the booking is from someone who is a free member, meaning no charge at point of booking, on cancellation from the form it is fine as you say and removed from the appointments.

2. If the booking is followed through then it shows as pending but no notification issued to either admin or client, I would like both done automattically. When cancelled it works as above but this time a cancellation notification is issued to admin.

3. When logged in as a paying access level all notifications are issued as expected.

txs

• pxwm

Hi @IH25

There was a similar problem in the following post and this was due to be fixed in v1.3: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/not-getting-email-notifications-1

Can you please confirm you are using v1.3?

However v1.3.1 has just been released and you may wish to try this.

As always suggest you take a backup of your site and database so you have an option to rollback

Please let me know if this resolves your problem

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @IH25

Could you please confirm:-

If the Service is chargeable and the user books an appointment for this Service and pays using Paypal does it work and auto-cofirm the appointment and send Confirmation emails to the user, service provider and admin?

Is the only problem now when the user books a Service that is free and the user books an appointment and it is placed in the 'Pending' appointments tab but is not sending a 'pending' notification to Admin?

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @IH25

I've carried out some further testing on my demo site and I can replicate your problem.

I suspect this is an anomaly with A+ that when you set the 'Payment Required' to 'Yes' then it is expecting a PayPal IPN even if the payment is set to '0' even though it is not presenting the paypal button.

Hi @Alexander Rohmann

Any chance you could flag to the developer @Vladislav and ask if he can replicate the following issue:-

In the A+ 'General' tab the 'Payment Required' field is set to 'Yes'
    'Paypal Currency' field is set to GBP - Sterling
    'PayPal Mode' field is set to Sandbox or Live
    'Auto Confirm' field is set to 'Yes'
    'Allow service provider confirm own appointments' field is set to 'Yes' or 'No'
    'Send Confirmation email' field is set to 'Yes'
    'Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required' field is set to 'Yes'
    shortcode [app_paypal] added to 'Appointment' page
    Service1 setup with charge of say £50
    Service2 setup with charge of £0
    1 x Service provider assigned both Services

Then make an appointment for Service1 and select a date/time and click confirmation button.
    Then presented with PayPal button and the process works fine and the appointment is confirmed once PayPal confirms payment

However making an appointment for Service2 (no charge/set to '0')
    Then select date/time A+ recognises that the Service is free and doesn't present the paypal button and displays the confirmation popup. However it places the appointment in the 'pending' appointment tab and does not send a notification to Admin so they are notified that there is a 'pending' appointment.

Not sure if it would be best to place the appointment in the 'pending' appointment tab or the fact that the 'Auto Confirm' is set to 'Yes' and the Service is free then perhaps it would be best to place the appointment in the 'active' tab and send out a Confirmation email to user/service provider/admin dependent on the settings in the A+ 'General' tab.

I would suggest it would be more logical to place the appointment in the 'active' appointment tab if the 'Auto Confirm' is set to 'Yes' and the 'pending' appointment tab if the 'Auto Confirm' field is set to 'No'.

If you require further clarification please let me know.

Regards
    SteveB

• Vladislav

Hello,

The way the plugin works, it knows two states for the appointment payment requirement - namely, it's either required, or it isn't. This sounds like tautology, but it's applied in the logic plugin-wide. So, this was the default behavior if you require payments in plugin settings - even for $0 appointments.

However, in the latest plugin release (v1.4, just released), we have a new define, just for this purpose:

define('APP_CONFIRMATION_ALLOW_FREE_AUTOCONFIRM', true);

Adding this define to, say, your wp-config.php or a mu-plugin will let you a) require payments for some of your appointments, while b) letting your $0 appointments be auto-confirmed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.