Appointment + Customization Help

I have a site I'm building that I need some help customizing with Appointments +.

The customer owns 10 locations of a franchised restaurant. Each restaurant location has 2 fundraisers that people can "reserve". Each location(10) can only reserve each of the 2 fundraisers once p/day (on specific days; more bel0w). The two fundraisers have unique properties or requirements needed to be able to reserve those times/locations:

Fundraiser One - Only available on Sat & Sun each week and each location. Only one person can request the fundraiser for each day (sat and sun) and for each location (10 locations) Once someone requests location 1, Saturday, XYZ Date from 8-10 no one can request that same date and location. They can however request at a different location on that same date if available.

Fundraiser two - Available all 7 days of the week with only one time slot of 4pm-9pm. And again each location can have one requested appointment per/day from the 4-9pm timeslot.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to properly do this.

Please advise,

Thanks!

• Jude

Hi there @Steve Kiger

Hope you're doing great !!

Here is the best way to set this up.

1) Create Service Providers for each of the 10 restaurants
    2) Set each Fundraiser up as a service.
    3) Set the availablity ( working hours ) for each Fundraiser as you described to block the whole day.
    4) The fundraiser is locked to the service Provider so once booked no others can be booked.

Tip : Set this up for maybe one or two locations as a subset and then gradually scale up.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Jude

• Steve Kiger

Thanks Jude. I think that will work for the service providers. I'm having a heck of a time getting the locations to show up on the appointment selection. Ive set up the 10 locations under "locations". I've tried all the dropdowns under Locations Settings, even added the short code [app_service_location] to the form and they just dont show up. Can you help on that? (http://famousdaves.eight01.com/fundraisers/flapjack-fundraising/)

Also, since the appointments last from 8am - 10am, is there a way for the time selection to show from 8-10 instead of just 8am? (see attached)

• Jude

Hey again @Steve Kiger

Sorry the response took a while longer than expected. Appreciate your patience

even added the short code [app_service_location] to the form and they just dont show. Can you help on that?

Of course I can help. Could you enable support access and I can take a look for you.

Also, since the appointments last from 8am - 10am, is there a way for the time selection to show from 8-10 instead of just 8am? (see attached)

This may not be possible without a bit of custom code. You can try our Jobs Board if you're not comfortable with writing code.

Cheers
    Jude

• pxwm

Hi @Jude - I hope you don't mind me chiming in.

Hi @Steve Kiger

If I've understood your requirements correctly then you may wish to consider creating 2 x Fundraising Services for each location and assigning to a Service Provider for the same location.

e.g. Fundraiser 1 Location A, Fundraiser 2 Location A etc.

You may find this easier to implement than using Locations as I'm not sure the Locations Add-on will work how you want it to.

I hope this helps and keep me updated

Regards
    SteveB

• Steve Kiger

Hey SteveB -

Thanks for the suggestion. If I understand you correctly you're saying to add "services" for each fundraiser (FR) type + Location so the Services tab will look like this: [FR1 - Location 1, FR1 - Location 2, Fr2 - Location 1, FR2 - Location 2] then under "Service Providers" just have the two fundraiser types [FR1, FR2] and then assign the services of all the locations. Or under Service Providers do you also need to add all the locations and fundraisers as well?

Thanks

• pxwm

Hi @Steve Kiger,

I've detailed below my thoughts if this helps:-

1) Services - Yes you are correct: [FR1 - Location 1, FR1 - Location 2, Fr2 - Location 1, FR2 - Location 2] etc
    2) Service Providers - As FR1 Service is only available Sat - Sun from 8 - 10 and FR2 is available 7 days a week 4pm to 9 pm then it may be best to create a Service Provider for each FR Service for each location. Therefore you would create a Service Provider for FR1 Location1 and a second Service Provider for FR2 location 1. Then the same for all 10 locations. This will mean you will need to create 10 x 2 = 20 Service Providers. However this should give you the best control over working hours and sending email notification for appointments.
    Make sure you only assign one Service to each Service Provider and set their working hours according to the available times the Service can be booked.

In the 'Service Providers' tab make sure you only assign the one related Service
    Then set the 'capacity' field in the 'Services' tab to '0' as this will ensure only the Service can be booked once for a specific date/time

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.