Appointment doesn't have featured image in cart

I’m using Appointments+ integrated with MarketPress. My product set up with Appointments+ shortcodes has a featured image. When the appointment is added to the cart, that featured image is not shown in the cart. Please advice.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Pat

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I have noticed that you’re using a beta version of the plugin, is there any specific reason for it? Also, was the same issue happening with the non-beta version(s) for you?

I’m asking because I’ve got difficulties in replicating this on my own setup while I can see it on yours and I’d like to make sure whether this is related to only “beta” release or not.

Looking forward to your reply,

Adam

• Pat
    • Flash Drive

Yes, I had a long support chat and the reason why I got the Beta is because when appointments came in via Appointments+ and you opened one appointment, the start time would show as “Unknown” and if the appt was saved (say, by confirming it), the time would be changed to 12am. I was told this was a reported bug. I spoke with Nahid.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Pat,

I did some additional testing and it seems that this is indeed the issue, with both current version and beta that you have installed.

The thing here is that appointment product is not the same as the regular product, and if you check single product page you will see that it doesn’t show featured image in there as well.

I think that this was by design as the Appointment is more focused on booking form, but I will report this to our devs so they can check it out further.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Pat
    • Flash Drive

Sure it doesn’t make sense to show the featured image in appointment product pages.

I don’t mind if in the cart there’s no image. My real problem is that there’s a placehoder image. That’s really the issue.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Pat,

We can actually hide default image with some CSS.

You can use this code and it should do the trick:

#mp-cart img[src$="default-product.png"] {
    display: none;
    }

WordPress offers Custom CSS field inside Appearance > Customizer but if your theme disables this and it doesn’t have its own CSS field you may wish to use a child theme or a plugin like this one for this additional CSS. That way you’re protected when you come to upgrade.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.