Appointment EMail Confirmed Notification

Originally When I set it to YES for Send Confirmation email, It would send user an email confirmation message even though I haven't approved yet.
So what I did I set it NO so that once I approve it can send the email then. But it seems it;s not sending an email?

I could manually email it but I'm wondering if there is an option to send email after I approve it.
I've notice there is an option for admin to open a pending appointment and in there I see
Confirm "----" (Re)send confirmation email

Also I like to know if I can use my own HTML message when sending confirmation? Only way this can happen is if I set it to NO and then send manually. But with automatic is there way to send it in HTML with little design to it?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Elizxer,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I've notice there is an option for admin to open a pending appointment and in there I see
    Confirm "----" (Re)send confirmation email

Maybe I'm missing out something, as mentioned, you already have an option to re-send when you update the status of the appointments, wouldn't that work? That's how the plugin works by design. Please advise if I'm missing out anything.

Also I like to know if I can use my own HTML message when sending confirmation? Only way this can happen is if I set it to NO and then send manually. But with automatic is there way to send it in HTML with little design to it?

Confirmation email makes use of the content inside confirmation email message box, under Appointments > Settings > Notifications, the email is html compatible, you could add your template format in it. I tested in that, and it seems to work fine. Or are you having issues with it?

Please advise if I had missed out anything, have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Elizxer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

When I set it to NO it doesn't send after select date and manually by resending it in PENDING NOTIFICTION. But setting it to YES sends twice which is after selecting the day and I can also send RESEND EMAIL.
    So I am not sure why it's not RESENDING IT when I set it to NO.

And EMAIL TEMPLATE, can I just embed a POST or PAGE?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Elizxer,

Originally When I set it to YES for Send Confirmation email, It would send user an email confirmation message even though I haven't approved yet.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this? I'm testing this issue on my site and I could not replicate this one. Client gets confirmation only when appointment is confirmed, not before.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

And EMAIL TEMPLATE, can I just embed a POST or PAGE?

I'm not sure what do you mean by "embed" but you can only paste contents of page or post with HTML - but first you need to enable "Allow HTML emails" in Appointments+ Add-ons.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Elizxer,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website extensively, I changed the Send Confirmation email status to Yes, and I can confirm it works fine. It sends an email, only when you confirm it. That is change the appointment status from pending to Confirmed under Appointments > Pending. Once you confirm, the appointment is considered active, ie you'll see it under Appointments > Active.

It didn't send any email twice for me, if you had checked Re)send confirmation email then it will send email twice, other than that, I wasn't able to replicate this in your system.

If you set Send Confirmation email to No, then you'll have to click the re-send confirmation to send an email.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Elizxer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

WOW I am not sure how I got this confused infact it took me almost 30 minutes and trying to figure it out why it's still sending me multiple times.

Only to find out my mind is all over the place with (re)send confirmation and confirmed

Anyways Its working fine and it seems it was always working fine too.
    I apologize for wasting your time.
    Thank You again. Seriously I am saving so much money instead of hiring a developer. :joy:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.