Appointment+ How can I change the "Please select a service:" Text

Appointment+ How can I change the "Please select a service:" and "Please choose a service provider:"Text on the Make an appointments page?

Also is there a way when someone chooses a service it automatically only shows the providers that provide that service? When I select the service without clicking the " show available times "button the entire list of providers still shows this doesn't make sense to me. that's why I need to change the "Please select a service:" and "Please choose a service provider:" Text. To tell customer's to click the button first.

Thanks

• PC

Hello there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Appointment+ How can I change the "Please select a service:" and "Please choose a service provider:"Text on the Make an appointments page?

You can easily do that by added the "select" argument in the shortcodes.

So if you have

[app_services]

You can change it to

[app_services select="Your custom text here"]

and that will change the text for service selection.

In the same way

[app_service_providers select="Please choose a service provider/Or your custom text"]

More info can be found under Appointments+ >> Shortcodes under your WordPress Dashboard.

Also is there a way when someone chooses a service it automatically only shows the providers that provide that service?

Its easy too :slight_smile:

Just add autorefresh="1" to the argument.

So

[app_services]

becomes

[app_services autorefresh="1"]

and

[app_service_providers]

becomes

[app_service_providers autorefresh="1"]

That ways if anyone selects a service, it will auto refresh the service calendar as well as the service provider list and vice versa

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• La Bella

Thanks , I was able to change the text but the auto refresh isn't working.

Also How can customers choose multiple time slots when booking appointments? This needs to be in 30 min increments. and appointments need to have at least a half hour spacing between next appointments. Also is there a way to display the appointments on the calendar not just what times\hours are free and which ones are not? Sort of like looking at an MS outlook calendar.

Thanks

• aristath

Hello again @La Bella, I hope you're well today!

If you want to allow your users to select more than one slots on your calendar, you will have to integrate Appointments+ with our MarketPress plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

This way your users will be able to bulk-add appointments to a "cart" and then check them all out without the need to check out each and every one of them individually.

As for your other issues, could you please post a link to a page on your website where you're having this issue so that I may see this in action?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• La Bella

Hello @aristath

I was working with Ash on this. The link is:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-shortcode-select-and-autorefresh-not-working#post-676493

I had provided support access to the site as he requested so someone could take a look. I will be leaving and will not be online till later today. Can someone please take a look. I have granted support access using the wpmu support in my dashboard. I will also have my tablet with me so I will check my email in another 2 hours or so to see if I need to respond to anything.

Thanks

• PC

Hey there La Bella,

Thanks for posting back.

We strongly recommend not to post the same question in 2 different threads and also not to post multiple questions in a single thread. We request that so that we can provide a better quality support and also avoid any confusions that may occur due to multiple questions on a single thread as we might miss some questions.

I see that Ash has responded to your thread listed above and have also provided the reason why it was happening :slight_smile:

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the originally reported issue. If any related questions have been left answered, please feel free to point them out :slight_smile:

Thanks for being an Awesome WPMU DEV member and have a nice weekend !

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.