Appointment + ignores service provider exceptions after updating

Hi there,
Since I've updated the latest version of Appointment + I experience a problem with exceptions for my service providers.

Two of the service providers are blocked at the moment. They don't work the next coming weeks.
Before, people needed to select a service provider on the website to make an appointment (shortcode service provider required). Now, this isn't working anymore. (Where did the shortcodes go?)

More important, as a consequence visitors who don't select a service provider can book an appointment. I don't want this. The system randomly selects an available service provider, however, INCLUDING the service providers which have been blocked in the agenda. Quick help would be helpful.

Rupok

Hi Frank,

Before, people needed to select a service provider on the website to make an appointment (shortcode service provider required). Now, this isn't working anymore. (Where did the shortcodes go?)

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. I checked your appointment page and the shortcode is there. It's also showing the service provider dropdown.

I tried to regenerate this on my test site, but "empty_option" parameter is not working on my test site. That means, there is always one service provider selected. I've removed that parameter from your appointment page service provider shortcode. And now, when you load that page, a service provider is always selected. So your users have to select another service provider or go with the selected one. But there is no chance of randomly assigning provers anymore.

I'm also pinging my colleagues to extensively test this and also ping our developer if required regarding why "empty_option" is not working to find out if this is expected behavior or bug. We will update you as soon as we come to any conclusion.

The system randomly selects an available service provider, however, INCLUDING the service providers which have been blocked in the agenda

Can you please tell us any specific provider who are blocked? I'll then check their blocked timing and will try to make an appointment with them at that time. I'm also facing some anomalies with "exceptions" on my test site. I'll report this to our developer as soon as I can confirm the issue.

I'll update with the result of our tests. If we can regenerate these issues on our test site, we will report these to our developers right away. And will also update you as soon as we get anything from our developer.

I'm looking forward to resolving these issues as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Frank

Hi Rupok,

Nice to hear that people are working on this.

Can you please tell us any specific provider who are blocked? I'll then check their blocked timing and will try to make an appointment with them at that time.

Yes, these service providers are Kelly and Marloes. Their agendas are blocked for the next coming weeks.

I'll then check their blocked timing and will try to make an appointment with them at that time. I'm also facing some anomalies with "exceptions" on my test site. I'll report this to our developer as soon as I can confirm the issue.

When somebody selects Marloes or Kelly, then it isn't possible to book an appointment with them. However, when nobody is selected, then the system can select Marloes or Kelly, which isn't good.

Rupok

Hi Frank,

I tested this extensively. In my test site, I could not regenerate your issues, but I'm getting a different issue and both are probably related. I'm reporting this to our developer right now. After he is done with fixing these, we can sort out the issues you are having on your site. I believe, he will come up with a fix very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work around the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix.

I will appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Frank

Hi Rupok,

I've removed that parameter from your appointment page service provider shortcode. And now, when you load that page, a service provider is always selected. So your users have to select another service provider or go with the selected one. But there is no chance of randomly assigning provers anymore.

I've checked this, but the agenda still show 'No preference'. Before, this option was not available. The previous option was something like 'Please select service provider' (in Dutch).

Panos

Hi Frank ,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, there are two issues you are facing:
    1. The [app_service_providers] dropdown doesn't show the providers correctly ( eg it shows providers of default service and the "No preference" option is missing )

2. The [app_service_providers require_service="1"] shows the calendar even if no provider is selected, although it should be displaying a message eg "Please, select a service provider.
    " instead of showing the calendar.

These are the ones I could replicate, and these could lead to load a wrong calendar so the break times and exceptions to be also wrong.

If this is the case for you too, I have attached 2 files too replace, both go in the
    wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/shortcodes/ folder

Please download and unzip then upload in that folder. Then give it another try and let us know if the issue exists or is fixed.

In case you don't feel comfortable making such changes you can send us ftp and admin access so we can do it. You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Thanks!

Frank

Please correct me if I'm wrong, there are two issues you are facing:
      1. The [app_service_providers] dropdown doesn't show the providers correctly ( eg it shows providers of default service and the "No preference" option is missing )

This isn't true. I had no 'No preference' option before. This is new since the update. I had 'Please select provider' before.

2. The [app_service_providers require_service="1"] shows the calendar even if no provider is selected, although it should be displaying a message eg "Please, select a service provider.
      " instead of showing the calendar.

Yes, this was the situation before. But since 'No preference' sounds good, I prefer the first option.

3. My biggest problem is described in the topic. With the option 'No preference' enabled. The appointment + agenda selects service providers who are not working! Two of the employees do have holidays for the next coming weeks. I've set their holidays in the plug-in, however, the calendar doesn't ignore them when somebody uses 'No preference'. In contradiction, when somebody selects the employees, then their agendas are blocked (as it should be).

Can you please look further?

Panos

Can somebody send me a link to the page with all shortcodes of Appointment +

This page has been removed and in it's place there has been a dropdown added in the Editor when edting pages, which contains the shortcodes and a form with available options per shortcode.

However if you still need a page with a list of the shortcodes, I have attached a mu-plugin, which you can download unzip in upload in your mu-plugins folder ( wp-content/mu-plugins - if it doesn't exist you can simply create it ).

Cheers!

Frank

This page has been removed and in it's place there has been a dropdown added in the Editor when edting pages, which contains the shortcodes and a form with available options per shortcode.

However if you still need a page with a list of the shortcodes, I have attached a mu-plugin, which you can download unzip in upload in your mu-plugins folder ( wp-content/mu-plugins - if it doesn't exist you can simply create it ).

Thanks, this might be helpful for others, since their is no overview of all options.

Panos

Hi Frank ,

However, the first option is now saying no preference, and not 'Please select service provider'

Could you add the empty_option="some text" attribute in the "app_service_providers" shortcode, eg:
    [app_service_providers empty_option="Your message" ]

3. My biggest problem is described in the topic. With the option 'No preference' enabled. The appointment + agenda selects service providers who are not working!

Sorry but I'm still not clear what the issue was and if it still exists. I thought it was using [app_schedule] with require_provider="1" was not working properly. Has this been fixed after replacing files?

If this wasn't you initial issue, could you please paste here the shortcodes you used that are not working as expected?

Thanks!

Frank

Could you add the empty_option="some text" attribute in the "app_service_providers" shortcode, eg:
    [app_service_providers empty_option="Your message" ]

Thanks this worked.

Sorry but I'm still not clear what the issue was and if it still exists. I thought it was using [app_schedule] with require_provider="1" was not working properly. Has this been fixed after replacing files?

Yes, you're right. Require_provider was not working. After replacing the code it worked again.

However, in the future I don't want to use require_provider. I've created a test page. Now, the schedule doesn't ignore people who have extraordinary free days! See attachment.

Panos

Hi Frank ,

I'm not sure I understood your last request

By default the [app_monthly_schedule] should be displaying the calendar for the providers of the first service. That is when no service or service provider has been set/selected.

The option require_provider is there to hide the calendar when there is no service provider set/selected.

If I understand correctly you would like to hide the calendar without the need to use the require_provider option. So if this is the case, this removes the initial design and purpose of the plugin (version 2). This way the calendar shortcode can be used in a page on it's own to display only the calendar without the services or the service providers shortcode.

What you ask can be accomplished by modifying a file or two, but that means you should repeat this modification on each plugin update.

Please let me know if I understood something wrong here and that you are asking for something different! It would be very helpful if you could provide as much information as possible.

Thanks!