Appointment is set for a time slot, another can not be made for same spot using different provider.

In order to best explain what is happening I am providing the steps I took to test all of the possible conditions that a time slot should be free and or busy.

Test Conditions:
Service Providers: 2
#1 John Doe, Assigned to All Services
#2 Jim Smith, Assigned to All Services

Services: I used the example in the documentation as my test.
#1 X-Ray Machine - Capacity: 1
#2 Copy Machine - Capacity: 1
#3 Paper Cutter - Capacity: 1

1. Created Schedule Page for Front End from the Settings Page.

2. Choose Service #1 - X-Ray, Auto Refreshes
3. Choose Service Provider #1 - John, Auto Refreshes
4. Click Date and Time, Sept. 7 @ 8:00
5. Submit ... Receive Confirmation. Good to go, so far.

6. Choose Service #1 - X-Ray, Auto Refreshes
7. Choose Service Provider #2 - Jim, Auto Refreshes
8. Click Date and Time, Sept. 7 @ 8:00
9. Time shows busy, good to go, so far.

10. Change to Service #2 - Copy Machine, Auto Refreshes
11. Choose Provider #2 - Jim, Auto Refreshes
13. Click Date and Time, Sept. 7 @ 8:00 ... Time Shows Busy <<<< Issue.

14. Choose Service #3 - X-Ray, Auto Refreshes
15. Choose Service Provider #1 - Jim, Auto Refreshes
16. Click Date and Time, Sept. 7 @ 8:00
17. Time shows busy, as it should. Jim was scheduled in previous step.

17. Change to Service #3 - Copy Machine, Auto Refreshes
18. Choose Provider #2 - Jim, Auto Refreshes
19. Click Date and Time, Sept. 7 @ 8:00 ... Shows Busy <<<< Issue, neither are scheduled previously.

*** Checked all possible combinations so let's skip ahead ***
*** In my testing I removed Service #3 from Service Provider #2 and then tested again.

20. Change to Service #3 - Copy Machine, Auto Refreshes
21. Choose Provider #1 - John, Auto Refreshes
22. Click Date and Time, Sept. 7 @ 8:00 ... Shows Free <<< Issue, provider scheduled already.

Thoughts?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Jeff,

I hope you are well today and sorry to hear of the problems your having.

Do you have a page where I can see this live?

Wasn't Jim scheduled in a previous step for a different service? If the service provider is booked for a different service, they couldn't be booked again at the time for a different service if that makes sense?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack,

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Jeff

Thanks for providing the link, I've tested this and it seems it's working correctly.

I booked service #2 with John at 10:00am, this then blocked 10:00am with the same Aircraft for Wilber (as it should, the Aircraft is being used by John), and it also stops John taking another appointment with another Aircraft.

Unless I have misunderstood? I'm here to help :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• pxwm

Hi @Jack Kitterhing - Hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @Jeff

If I've understood your requirements correctly and you some or all of your Services assigned to more than one Service Provider then try setting the 'Capacity' value for these Services to equal the number of Service Providers assigned to the Service.

e.g. In your case set them to the value = '2'.

This should then allow you to book an appointment for this Service for both Service Providers.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Jeff

Appreciate your assistance with this, Thank You.

e.g. In your case set them to the value = '2'.

@pxwm, you misunderstand. If you increase the value you are saying there is more than one of the Service. There is not ... there is only one.

The issue is that when you set an appointment for specific time slot then you can not set an appointment for that same spot using a different provider and service. Which you should be able to do since they are not booked, they are free.

I booked service #2 with John at 10:00am, this then blocked 10:00am with the same Aircraft for Wilber (as it should, the Aircraft is being used by John), and it also stops John taking another appointment with another Aircraft.

This is correct functionality.

@Jack Kitterhing - I just set an appointment on Sept. 7 at 8:00 for Wilbur in N0177.
    It will not let me set an appointment for the same time for John in a different plane.
    Which it should let me do.

• pxwm

Hi @Jeff

I've re-read your problem and to confirm if you have the capacity set to '1' then you have indicated that the 'no service provider is defined for the service as per the notes in the 'Services' tab:-

Here you should define your services for which your client will be making appointments. There must be at least one service defined. Capacity is the number of customers that can take the service at the same time. Enter 0 for no specific limit (Limited to number of service providers, or to 1 if no service provider is defined for that service). Price is only required if you request payment to accept appointments. You can define a description page for the service you are providing.

I would suggest if you have all Services assigned to both Service providers then set the 'Capacity' '0'

However I'm not sure this will resolve your problem because re-reading you statement:-

2. Choose Service #1 - X-Ray, Auto Refreshes
    3. Choose Service Provider #1 - John, Auto Refreshes
    4. Click Date and Time, Sept. 7 @ 8:00
    5. Submit ... Receive Confirmation. Good to go, so far.

6. Choose Service #1 - X-Ray, Auto Refreshes
    7. Choose Service Provider #2 - Jim, Auto Refreshes
    8. Click Date and Time, Sept. 7 @ 8:00
    9. Time shows busy, good to go, so far.

Therefore as Jim has already been booked for Service#1 on Sept 7 @08:00 then they are not available to be booked for Service#2 on the same day at the same time.

I would suggest this is working correctly.

Re-reading your statement again you seem to switch from Jim being Provider #1 and provider#2 so would appreciate if you could clarify

Regards
    SteveB

• Jeff

Sorry for the confusion, let me clarify.

There is not an issue when someone is previously booked for either a Service or a Time/Date slot.

The issue is that when you set an appointment for specific time slot then you can not set an appointment for that same date/time slot using a different provider and service. Which you should be able to do since they are not booked, they are free.

I have highlighted the key points above so that I make sure I am communicating it correctly.

Here is what the FAQ says about capacity.

What does service capacity mean? Can you give an example?
    It is the capacity of a service (e.g. because of technical reasons) independent of number of service providers giving that service. Imagine a dental clinic with three dentists working, each having their examination rooms, but there is only one X-Ray unit. Then, X-Ray Service has a capacity 1, and examination service has 3. Please note that you should only define capacity of X-Ray service 1 in this case. The other services whose capacity are left as zero will be automatically limited to the number of dentists giving that particular service. Because for those, limitation comes from the service providers, not from the service itself. Capacity field is for limiting the workforce, not for increasing it. See the FAQ in Advanced section to increase your available workforce and thus number of available appointments per time slot.

In my test case, there are only 3 Individual Airplanes(services) so I set their capacity to one (1). Since you can not use the same airplane at the same time someone else is using it. Like the x-ray machine above. When I changed the capacity to zero (0) as you suggested, then you are able to book the same service at the exact time as someone else, which is a conflict.

Does this now make sense?

• pxwm

Hi @Jeff

Many thanks for clarifying.

Based on your feedback is it possible you could screenpost the following:-

1. All the settings in the 'general' tab
    2. All the settings in the 'Services' tab
    3. All the settings in the 'Service providers' tab for the 'no specific provider' and all the 'Service Providers.

It would be good to know if you have activated any of the 'Add-ons' in the 'Add-ons' tab

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm

Hi @Jeff

I've checked this on my demo site and it works fine.

I've also reviewed the posts by @Jack Kitterhing and I can't find any reference that there is a bug and that he has referred to the developer.
    The only reference I can find is that it worked fine for him.

Any chance you could refer me to the post?

I am aware there is a potential bug in v1.3.1 if you have set multiple breaks to 'Yes' then set them back to 'No' as it still invokes the times as though the Breaks were still set to 'Yes' and you have to set the time values outside of the working hours but as for a bug not allowing another Service to be booked at the same date/time then I'm not aware of a problem.

Regards
    SteveB

• Jeff

HIs reference to working was that you could not assign the same person or service to the same time slot twice. Which is as it should be and is not the issue I am having.

We discussed this during a chat session, so no post. I provided him a login to the site and he checked all the settings and confirmed an issue.

As far as breaks, they are all set to No and I have not changed the times at all.

As far as times. No Preference, Wilbur(provider), John(provider) are all set to 8am to 8pm.

Thoughts?

• pxwm

Hi @Jeff

Many thanks for the feedback.

I appreciate you don't want to spend anymore time on this issue if @Jack Kitterhing has agreed to flag to the developer.
    However if you are in agreement is it possible you could screenpost the following:-

The 'Time Setting' section from your 'General' tab
    All the settings in the 'Services' tab
    All the settings in your 'Working Hours' tab fro the 'no specific provider' and all the Service Providers.

Also if you could confirm if you have any of the 'Add-ons' activated in the 'Add-ons' tab

Hi @Jack Kitterhing

Is it possible you could provide feedback on the problem you identified because if I have understood the issue correctly then I cannot replicate the issue and it is working fine on my demo site.

Regards
    SteveB

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there SteveB and Jeff,

I hope you are both well today.

The issue seems to be with the capacity settings somehow, it's not correctly taking these into account, if it's 0, it is allowing more bookings than it should, if it's 1, it's blocking the other provider.

I've just been speaking with the lead developer on this Jeff and could you set the capacity to 2 please?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• pxwm

Hi Jack @Jack Kitterhing

Many thanks for the feedback

My understanding is, if the Capacity is:-

set to '0' the number of bookings allowed for that Service for the same date/time is governed by the number of Service Providers assigned to that Service.

e.g. If Service capacity set to '0' and 2 x Service Providers assigned to the Service then two bookings can be made for the same date/time for that Service

set to '1' the number of bookings allowed for that Service is one for the same date/time.

e.g. If Service capacity set to '1' and 2 x Service Providers assigned to the Service then only one Service can be booked with one of the two Service Providers for the same date/time.

I can confirm this is how it has worked for earlier versions.
    We have a client using v1.2.8 and we have a similar set of settings and it works fine as above.

However I would suggest some the notes in the 'Services' tab are incorrect based on how it currently works:-

Capacity is the number of customers that can take the service at the same time. Enter 0 for no specific limit (Limited to number of service providers, or to 1 if no service provider is defined for that service).

I can also confirm that I can book a Service1 for Service Provider1 and then book Service2 for Service Provider2 for the same date/time so I suspect that there is a problem with Jeff's site, either an A+ setting issue or a plugin/theme conflict.

Hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Jeff

Good morning,

@Jack Kitterhing I set capacity to two and it allows overbooking of the service with the second provider. Does not allow booking with the provider that was already scheduled.

I can also confirm that I can book a Service1 for Service Provider1 and then book Service2 for Service Provider2 for the same date/time so I suspect that there is a problem with Jeff's site, either an A+ setting issue or a plugin/theme conflict.

@pxwm Please don't misunderstand my intentions. I will take any help offered. I just didn't want you to spend tome on something that was a developer issue. I appreciate your helping me.

Your description is exactly how I expect it to work. It is not. Also, I have tested using several themes, to include twenty-thirteen and they all give the same problem.

• pxwm

Hi @Jeff

Many thanks for the additional info and screenposts.

I've checked your settings and just wanted to confirm the following based on your original post:-

Your examples indicated that you have 3 x Service providers.
    However in your screenshots you have set up 'Working Hours' for 2 x specific Service Providers and 1 x 'no specific provider'
    Could you please confirm if you have set up a 3rd Service Provider but just not posted their 'Working Hours' or whether you are just testing with 2 x Service Providers?

Could you try the following:-

In the 'Working Hours' tab - for the 'no specific provider' could you set the 'Work?' field to 'No' for everyday.
    Then save
    If you are only using 2 x Service Providers then ignore this next step
    Then if you are using 3 x Service Providers could you set up the 'Working Hours'
    Then save

Then try again to make an appointment for Service1 with Service Provider1 for a specific date/time
    Then try making an appointment for Service2 with Service Provider2 with the same date/time and confirm if this is achievable

If this doesn't work could you then deactivate the 'Add-on' for 'Service Provider names' in the 'Add-ons' tab
    Then try again

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.