+ appointment is slow on my site

I installed + appointments on my side a year ago . The program worked quickly on my page "bokning". Today I discovered that it was unusually slow. I was advised to remove the historical reservations which I have done. Unfortunately it did not help that much. Some ideas?

• Milan

Hello @Charles,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

I've took a look at your site to test how appointment is functioning on you end. Its functioning normally. Booking page loads within 1-2 seconds from here. Can you test again ? Or this is not what you are asking. ? As far as page speed test goes I've also undertaken google's page speed test to ensure its not problem with plugin. Results shown me that is problem with javascript and css scripts which loads before page content loads. So these are render blocking javascripts and css libs which is causing page slow down.

There are two ways you can solve this.

#1) Shift loading of javascripts libs to footer which code needs to be executed after page loads.
    #2) Use good caching plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/ ( Please keep in mind that it will not stop javascript libs from blocking page content loading but work well if you don't want to make changes in core files. )

I hope this helps you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Charles

Hi . Thanks for the help.

I have done the following:

1. Followed all your istructions but I use the plugin "fastest cach " instead ( see no difference compared to your plugin )

2. I have erased all historical bookings.

Result;

To load the page " bokning " is faster . Great :slight_smile:

To load a new page for the service ( välj tjänst) ) and to load new month ( nästa månad) is slightly faster
      than before but it still takes a few seconds.
      it is possible to improve better response times ?

• Milan

Hello @Charles,

I am glad that it helped you to make your site faster than it was before.

There is another way you can implement for faster page load too. Our Ajax Shortcode addon provides [app_combo] extra shortcode which you can use to wrape all the content of your booking page.

First you'll require to activate Ajax Shortcode addon. You can do so via Appointments > Settings > Addon > Ajax Shortcode . Once you activate addon just navigate to Appointments > Settings > Create an Appointment Page . in that section you'll see link saying click here to edit booking page. Click on that link it will take you in booking page edit mode.

Wrap whole content of page with [app_combo] shortcode, and simply add autorefresh="1" to each of the [app_services] & [app_service_providers] shortcodes.

so it looks similar to;

[app_combo]
    [app_my_appointments][app_services autorefresh="1"]
    [app_service_providers autorefresh="1"]
    [app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_pagination month="1"]
    [app_login]
    [app_confirmation]
    [app_paypal]
    [/app_combo]

And finally Save changes.

Please note that Ajax Shortcode Addon is still in beta stage so it may not make your pages faster or may cause some other issue but most of the time it works fine without any problem.. Furthermore this is last way you can use to optimize your site performance or you can subscribe to good hosting plan if you want to make your site more faster than it is now. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Vamsi Pulavarthi

I had the same problem with versions 1.5.4 and 1.5.5. I am currently testing 1.5.5.1 and it is significantly faster. Almost same speed as 1.5.2 version.

I am still have some issues with custom filters with 1.5.5.1. So if you have any custom filters, make sure you test in a different environment prior to loading it in your main site.

Just hoping to help you avoid the same surprises I had.

Best Wishes
    Vamsi

• Milan

Hello @Charles,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

Thanks @Vamsi Pulavarthi for chiming in.

I've tested latest version of appointment+ ( which is 1.5.5.1 currently ) on my sandbox site. Its working fine in context of performance factory. Its loading pages much faster way. Furthermore you can always leverage power of different caching plugins which I've suggested to make it more faster. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Rupok

Hi Charles

I hope you had a wonderful day and hope you don't mind me chimming in here.

From the changelog, I can see that version 1.5.5 includes a lots of fixes and I believe, this loading-time issue is also fixed here.

I just installed version 1.5.2, then made a full beam performance check. After that I updated the plugin to 1.5.5.1 ran the check again but I could not find any significant change in response time and process use. Rather my site is responding faster after updating to the latest version. At least it is in 3 of my test sites. Please check the attached images for reference.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Charles

Rupok

Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem .

I get a little confused by your answer but if I understand you correctly your tests shows that 1.5.5.1 is faster than 1.5.2 ? The confusion is because you also write that you can not see "significant change in response time and process use". Maybe I misunderstand because english is not my native language :slight_smile:

Another thing that worries me is that you and Vamsi have some different opinions about 1.5.5 . But since 1.5.5.1 seems to be faster I assume that the problem is resolved.

I'll talk to my webmaster and we'll see if we update.

Best regards
    Charles

• Milan

Hello @Charles,

Hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

I get a little confused by your answer but if I understand you correctly your tests shows that 1.5.5.1 is faster than 1.5.2 ? The confusion is because you also write that you can not see "significant change in response time and process use". Maybe I misunderstand because english is not my native language :slight_smile:

What my colleague @Rupok meant to say is that latest version which is 1.5.5.1 is fastest than all older version released till now.

Feel free to post back your results or query if you have any after updating plugin to its latest release. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.