appointment locations in appointments+

I need to link a specific location to specific appointment times. I work in two different offices during the week and I need people to know the location they're signing up for. How do I do this?

• Patrick

Hi there @Anna

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

If you are the sole service provider, here's how to do it:

- Activate the Locations & Service Locations addons.
    - Create your 2 services & tie the locations to each one.
    - Create a dummy user and assign dummies to yourself.
    - Assign one of the services to you as service provider, and assign the other service to the dummy provider.

You can then omit the app_service_providers shortcode from your make-an-appointment page as the services are tied to specific providers and locations.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Anna

Thanks! Can you walk me a bit more through creating the dummies, as I don't really understand that. Do I create two dummy users? Am I the service provider for both of them?

Okay, I think I got that part, but more important is that certain times of the week are tied to one office, and other times to another. Is there a way to lock off certain times from certain appointments so that locations don't get mixed up?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Anna, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

Can you walk me a bit more through creating the dummies, as I don't really understand that. Do I create two dummy users? Am I the service provider for both of them?

Yes, you would create two dummy users, and you would be the service provider for them.

In order to assign them to yourself though, you'd have to go to Appointments -> Settings -> General, and set "Assign dummy service providers to" to the desired user.

To quote that part of the settings page:

You can define "Dummy" service providers to enrich your service provider alternatives and variate your working schedules. They will behave exactly like ordinary users except the emails they are supposed to receive will be forwarded to the user you select here. Note: You cannot select another dummy user. It must be a user which is not set as dummy.

As for this:

...but more important is that certain times of the week are tied to one office, and other times to another. Is there a way to lock off certain times from certain appointments so that locations don't get mixed up?

If you go to Appointments -> Settings -> Working Hours, you can set the work hours for each provider by selecting a provider from the "List for:" drop-down menu.

You can also set break hours for each provider, so you can have parts of the work day that won't be available for scheduling.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance please! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Anna,

First off, could you try updating to the latest versions of both WordPress and Appointments+, and then trying to add the service providers again please?

If that doesn't work, could you grant support access please, so I can have a closer look at things here?

You can do this inside your site's Dashboard by going to WPMU DEV -> Support, clicking on the Support Access tab, and then clicking on "Grant Access".

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.