Appointment+ make appointment time range, force book advance

Now the appointment duration is set by number of minutes. Is it possible make it flexible.
E.g by default I set it as 30 minutes.
Can it be made 3 hrs,4hrs,8hrs,12hrs & 1 day?
If I want to book I day, I have to click many slot and make a lot appointment, that will be crazy.

2. Can I set the system only can book in advance, e.g 2 days before BUSINESS DAY (MON-FRI) only?

Looking forward for your reply.
Thanks!

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @YEOH,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

1. It's not possible to have flexible duration for your services, what you could do to achieve this would be to create multiple services different duration. Could this work for you?

2. It's not possible to allow bookings only on business day, there is an option though that allows you to set maximum number of days from today that a client can book an appointment. So for example if you set that day to 2 your clients will be able to book an appointment up to only 2 days in advance (if booking on Monday client will be able to book an appointment for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday). The option is located in Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Time Settings -> Appointments upper limit (days).

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

• pxwm

Hi @Bojan Radonic - Our posts must have crossed. Just one point I think the field to set the limit is 'Appointments lower limit (hours)' whereas the 'Appointments upper limit (days)' field set the time in the future when they can book an appointment.

Hi @YEOH

I can confirm that in the A+ settings you can create a number of 'Services' and set them to the different durations in the >'Settings' >'Services' tab.

e.g. Service1 set to 3hrs, Service2 set to 4hrs etc

I can confirm you can also set A+ to limit when an appointment can be made.
    To achieve this for your example go to >'Settings' >'General' tab then locate ' the 'Appointments lower limit (hours)' field in the 'Time Settings' section and enter 48.
    This will allow someone to make an appointment 48 hours before the appointment date, so will be in calendar days and not working days.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Bojan Radonic

Hey SteveB,

Thanks for posting.

"Appointments lower limit (hours)" is simply blocking bookings from the point you're trying to make an appointment to the time you set there. So for example if you set 2 hours there you won't be able to book appointments from the moment you're making the booking and for the next two hours. This option might come in handy if you need additional time to confirm appointments for any reasons if that makes sense.

"Appointments upper limit (days)" on the other hand is number of days in the future where bookings will be available (I already gave an example in my previous post.)

Best regards,
    Bojan

• pxwm

Hi @Bojan Radonic

Many thanks for the reply.
    I've just tried this and set the "Appointments lower limit (hours)" field to 48 hours and the Working Days to Mon - Fri and I can confirm that it blocks out the next 24 hours so the next appointment that can be made is next Monday.
    Therefore I think this would work for @YEOH

My understanding of the "Appointments upper limit (days)" field is that you can control the number of days an appointment can be made in the future.
    e.g. If you set this to 365 then appointments can be made in the future up to a year.

I hope this helps

Regards
    SteveB

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again @YEOH,

I'm assuming you're using weekly calendar since that is the one that doesn't have dates in it, this is not possible out of a box with the current version of the plugin.

However, you can try the custom solution from our awesome developer posted here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-display-dates-on-weekly-schedule#post-571840.

Your calendar should look like this.

Cheers,
    Bojan

• pxwm

Hi @Bojan Radonic - I hope you don't mind me chiming in

Hi @YEOH
    To confirm if you wish to display a weekly schedule calendar then using the following shortcodes in your appointment page will display a title with the start and end date of the week as well as the schedule calendar.

e.g. Title for this week would show 'Our schedule from August 17, 2015 to August 23, 2015'
    Please Note: Unless you add additional parameters to the shortcode the week will always start on a Monday.

Shortcodes to use:-
    [app_schedule]
    [app_pagination="1"]

If you wish to display a monthly schedule calendar then use the following shortcodes.

e.g. Title for this month would show 'Our schedule for August 2015'

[app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_pagination monthly="1"]

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.