Appointment+ not working properly

Getting HTTP ERROR 500 when trying to access a specific service. Need help.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi mpress ,

It looks like the memory value shown in your admin wasn’t the actual value used and it was a memory issue that caused this.

I have added two more lines to your wp-config.php to increase the memory limit and the page is loading fine for me now when switching appointments.
    These are the lines added:

//Increase memory limit
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
    ini_set('memory_limit','256M');

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

HI mpress

You have changed memory limit using wp-config.php. Is it something I could have changed by the php settings too?

Partially, yes. This line

ini_set('memory_limit','256M');

is an equivalent of setting “memory_limit” PHP option to 256M so you should be able to change it either in some PHP option in server’s control panel (usually there is such option in cPanel) or via “php.ini” file. It depends on the specific server though. But you should be able to set that via PHP settings.

This line

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

is specific to WordPress and should be in “wp-config.php” file. Note that raising PHP memory_limit doesn’t necessarily allow WordPress to use that much memory. Hence this line being necessary in wp-config.php too.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi mpress

Should I have this code
    define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’:wink:;
    added to the wp-config.php of each website I have/administrate?

It isn’t always necessary. It usually depends on the site complexity mostly and specific plugins/themes – how much resources do they need. But it certainly won’t hurt and while may not be needed in many cases, may spare some potential issues in a long run.

Personally, I actually like to add that “out of the box” to fresh installs “just in case” :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.