Appointment+ overlaping appointments

I am a photographer. I have two issues. First,I would like for my clients to be able to book a session that lasts 2 hours. That is easy enough. My issue is that I would like for them to be able to choose the start time in half hour increments. For example, the calender would show 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 and so on. If a client books a session at 8:00 then the times between 8:00 and 10:00 would become unavailable. If he books at 8:30 then times between 8:30 and 10:30 would become unavailable. is this possible? Second, I would like to take appointments for consultations that last 1 hour. When I set this up as different services, I am able to book the appointments but have the following issue. let's say that I have an open appointment from 8:00 - 10:00 for a two hour session. When I book a one hour consultation at 8:00 the entire 8:00 - 10:00 appointment for a photo session becomes unavailable. this is perfect. If I book the consult at 9:00, then the 8:00 - 10:00 appointment does not get blocked out. This is a problem because I can't do a consult at 9:00 if I am at a shoot until 10:00. I have this set up as a single provider who can provide both services. If I set up a separate provider for each service, it will allow double booking across all times because it thinks I am two different providers. Please help.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Brandon, hope you're doing well today, and welcome to WPMU DEV! :slight_smile:

I would like for them to be able to choose the start time in half hour increments. For example, the calender would show 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 and so on. If a client books a session at 8:00 then the times between 8:00 and 10:00 would become unavailable. If he books at 8:30 then times between 8:30 and 10:30 would become unavailable. is this possible?

You bet it's possible! :slight_smile:

If you go to Appointments -> Settings, and click on the Add-ons tab, you'll see the "Durations" add-on. Activate that, and then click on the General tab.

Close to the bottom of the "Time Settings" section, you'll see "Time slot calculus method". Set that to "Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)". That will allow you to be able to have the available times based on your time base, instead of the service time specified.

Since you're wanting to show 30 minute intervals on the appointment scheduler (while still keeping the service times set to their proper times), you'll have to set "Time base (minutes)" (located in the General tab as well) to 30. :slight_smile:

As for this:

Second, I would like to take appointments for consultations that last 1 hour. When I set this up as different services, I am able to book the appointments but have the following issue. let's say that I have an open appointment from 8:00 - 10:00 for a two hour session. When I book a one hour consultation at 8:00 the entire 8:00 - 10:00 appointment for a photo session becomes unavailable. this is perfect. If I book the consult at 9:00, then the 8:00 - 10:00 appointment does not get blocked out. This is a problem because I can't do a consult at 9:00 if I am at a shoot until 10:00.

Strange that it's acting like that, could you enable Support Access to your site, so that I can have a closer look?

We've got a handy guide available that'll show you how to do this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Also, could you mention the services in question here (the 2 hour session and the consultation)?

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.