Appointment Padding only at the end of an order?

Hi,

My business provides mobile services at different houses. I have 25 different services on offer. Quite often my client books 2-4 services at a time. It's a real mix of what services they want. All my services cost different amounts and last different lengths. I don't want padding in between those services as I'm at the client's house. I want all the services back to back.

I do however want padding to show on the 4th treatment of say 30 mins to allow me to travel to my next appointment at a different house.

I know you can add on 30 mins padding to a service provider but in the above example once the client had booked their first appointment at say 1pm for 60 mins when they come to book their next appointment it would only show 13:30pm so I only want the padding to show on the last treatment.

Is there a way around this?

I can't create specific 2 / 3 / 4 hour services because the mix of what services people want is so varied. They differ in length and cost a lot. If they could pick multiple services and book the times in one go THEN confim I believe it would work but doesn't seem to be how the plug in is set up.

Many Thanks
Kieran

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Kieran,

Thank you for your question!

I think you may want to try "Appointments in product cart" add-on. That's available on your "Appointments" -> "Settings" -> "Add-ons" page.

The way I see it is that you create time slots of minimum possible lenght. With the aforementioned add-on users should be able to "buy" appointments just as any other products form the online store. This way they should be able to buy a number of appointments in series.

Our MarketPress e-Commerce plugin is necessary for this. You can download it from here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

As for custom padding that would be added at the end of the entire "session", therefore affecting the rest of available slots, I really think some custom development work would be required.

You may want to ask for such customization on our job board here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Kieran

Hi Adam

Yes I have the marketpress plugin activated and working but when you book each appointment it adds the padding which I only want at the end of the session.

Unfortunately there's a number of custom coding I might need now I might have to look at a different product. Can you move my thread to requests and features if no-one else can think of an easy solution

Thanks for your help

Kieran

• Kieran

Ok thanks. I don't want to move from Appointment+ as I enjoy the product being hosted on my own site and the price and support here is very good. It's just not quite flexible enough for my needs. I think it would be an good upgrade for many people though. There's many people on paid for booking systems which with a few tweaks of Appointments+ would potentially bring in a lot more paid users to WPMU Dev.

Maybe one day, Fingers crossed we can get this in a future upgrade at some point. I'm going to set up my services unique to service providers and locations so it will block out my services and another location as suggested in the other thread. I'll jsut have to manually add block out appointments on the end of bookings for now.

Kind Regards
    Kieran

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.