Appointment+ Plugin (date selection)

The Widget allows you to pick a date, it then redirects to the Appointment Page with that date selected in the Calendar but when you select a “Service” and or “Service Provider” it defaults back to the Current Date. Is there a way to fix this.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I noticed your’e using an out of date version of Appointments+ so you’ll want to upgrade, but I’m noticing some oddities with the widget as well so I’m going to ask the developer to respond here as well.

Thanks for posting!

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

Resetting to the current date is intentional. This is also true when you change provider or service after you proceeded to next weeks or months.

On the other hand I don’t see any reason that we don’t do as you proposed.

I will make some tests and if everything is fine, I will change the behavior like that.

Cheers,

Hakan

• jim_meyer
    • Syntax Hero

Doesn’t it make more sence that if someone selects a date in the widget that they want to make an appointment on that date ?

Just a thought on making the Plugin a little better and easier for users to navigate:

1. widget selects the date and redirects to Appointment page with selected date (that works great)

2. user selects “Service” (I think it would be better if that information auto populates without having to click the “show available times” button.

3. likewise on the “choose the provider”

4. when “Select Service” and or “Service Provider” are selected it should stay on the same DATE that the user selected from the widget area.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks JIM

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Maybe you didn’t understand, but I have already told that I will change like that.

Regarding this:

2. user selects “Service” (I think it would be better if that information auto populates without having to click the “show available times” button.

The first service is auto selected and if there is a single service provider, he is auto selected too.

As you change the service or provider if you want to refresh the table without the need to click the show button, use “autorefresh” parameter. See the Shortcodes tab for details, because there is a drawback of this usage.

Cheers,

Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.