Appointment plus plugin Capacity not working?

Hi,

I am having some issues with the Appointment plus plugin. i have set the capacity of the appointments between 6 and 10 for different appointments. However when a user is logged in and tries to book one of these appointments. that entire day appears as invalid.

I have granted support access. Could someone please check this for me.

Thanks

Tom

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Tom, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

The answer for what's going on here would be from this entry in the FAQ (I've italicized the relevant portion):

What does service capacity mean? Can you give an example?

It is the capacity of a service (e.g. because of technical reasons) independent of number of service providers giving that service. Imagine a dental clinic with three dentists working, each having their examination rooms, but there is only one X-Ray unit. Then, X-Ray Service has a capacity 1, and examination service has 3. Please note that you should only define capacity of X-Ray service 1 in this case. The other services whose capacity are left as zero will be automatically limited to the number of dentists giving that particular service. Because for those, limitation comes from the service providers, not from the service itself. Capacity field is for limiting the workforce, not for increasing it.

One way around this would be to use several dummy providers, would that suit your needs?

Please advise,
    Michael

P.S. Given that there's only one provider on this site providing services presently, the code mentioned in the "I want to accept more than one appointment applications for each time slot. Entering higher numbers in "capacity" field in Services tab does not work. Why?" entry inside the FAQ wouldn't work here.

• Tom

Hi Michael,

i will try the Dummy option, however it seems a bit flawed of an appointment system. As i need it for a to be used to book a group class of between 6 to 10 people. and i need there to be 6 - 10 available slots for people to book and pay for. having multiple providers even if they are dummy versions seems to overcomplicated this whole thing. Can you guys not make another feature if people want to use this for a similar example to what i am using? it seem to make more sense for capacity to mean capacity per individual service rather than capacity of service providers?

Can you walk me through how i can make a dummy service provider without it appearing as 6 to 10x the service provider to the customer who will most likely be very confused from this?

Thanks

Tom

• Ash

Hello @Tom

You are more than welcome to create a new thread and asking for a feature request :slight_smile:

About capacity and dummy provider issue: For example, your service is A and you want to serve 10 people at a time. I assumes 10 as you said 6 to 10 people.

You have one provider X and he serves the A service. But A+ is designed to handle one-to-one appointment. So, a slot of a provider can be booked only once. That's why you will need to create 9 more providers which will serve the same service A. These 9 providers will be dummy, so that there is no real mechanism of these providers but to allow a slot to be booked 10 times.

To create a dummy providers, just create a provider in usual way but check the box for dummy, as like the screenshot.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Tom

Hi Vinod,

I am still having some issues with this in terms of limiting per day. Please see screenshots.

The Aim:
    2 days a week = Service 1 & 2 with 10 available spaces.
    2 other days in the week = Service 3 & 4 with 6 available spaces.

to use the loophole of different names. i have added multiple users called Bike1 .... to ... Bike10 then in the Services page i made the Capacity 10 & 6 for the different services. and saved. However when testing it does not appear to limit the Services?

I have also granted support access. If you can please have a look.

*URL(S) REMOVED*

to test you can use test user

INFO REMOVED

Thanks

Tom

• Ash

Hello @Tom

In the link: *URL(S) REMOVED* the service duration is 90 mins, but you set the working hours for the provider is 60 mins. So you won't see any free slot.

Well, as this is getting complex for you, let's try with one service and two service providers. If you can set a slot available for two users, then you can set it for 10 users as well.

Or do you want to me to try to set in your site? Is it a live site?

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Tom

Hi Ash,

If you wouldn't mind updating this for me that would be fantastic. It is getting rather complex. Unfortunately i don't understand where i made the setting for hours. I only see the duration under services sub menu; set at 60min for 3 classes and 90 min for the endurance class.

The site is live but still in development so just myself, you guys and the client can see it for the moment. if you can check this for me that would be great.

Support Access is open.

Thanks

Tom

• Tom

Hi Ash,

There are Four key services (Classes)
    - "XXXXXXX Intervals"
    - "XXXXXXX Beat the Burnout"
    - "XXXXXXX Endurance"
    - "XXXXXXX Regular"

The Intervals class has a capacity of 10 bikes available every Tuesday at 8:10pm to 9:10pm (60 min class) costing £16

The Beat the Burnout class has a capacity of 10 bikes available every Thursday at 7:30pm to 8:30pm (60 min class) costing £16

The Endurance class has a capacity of 6 bikes available every Saturday at 9:45am to 11:15am (90 min class) costing £20

The Regular class has a capacity of 6 bikes available every Sunday at 9:30am to 10:30am (60 min class) costing £16

for table of schedule and fee also see here - https://www.spinaddikts.com/new/schedule-and-fees/

In terms of Service provider's there is only one "Frances" However due to the Appointment Plus plugin setup i have created 10 "Dummy" Service provider's labeled as "Bike1"..."Bike2"... etc to "Bike10" on the settings i made them all assign to Frances. and i also tried to limit the number of available slots using the "Services" Sub menu on the "Appointment+ Plugin settings"

I hope it is clear and what you were asking for ?

Thanks

Tom

• Ash

Hello @Tom

I hope you are well today.

I have set for one service "XXXXXX Intervals". Please note that, the time slot is calculated based on providers' working hours, not based on service time.

Currently, there are 10 providers (9 are dummy) for "XXXXXXX Intervals" service. As you said:

The Intervals class has a capacity of 10 bikes available every Tuesday at 8:10pm to 9:10pm (60 min class) costing £16

So, working hours of these 10 providers should be only Tuesday at 8:10pm to 9:20pm.

Now, for other services, you need to create more providers like this. Example,

The Beat the Burnout class has a capacity of 10 bikes available every Thursday at 7:30pm to 8:30pm (60 min class) costing £16

You need to create another 10 providers (9 are dummy) and set there working hours only Thursday at 7:30pm to 8:30pm.

Do the same for other two services too.

Please follow the procedure as I did for first service and let us know. If you find any issues, we will help :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Edit: I have created a test page: *URL(S) REMOVED*

• Tom

Hi Ash,

I am a little confused,

Could you please clarify.

Is there somewhere where i create multiple different settings for the four class types i.e. Set the Working hours / Services / Service provider info for each class...

Or

do i simply need for example to set 40 new users, Assign first 10 to Intervals / next 10 to Beat the Burnout / next 10 to Endurance / last 10 to regular ? of which one from each group is the original Service provider giving me a total of 4 Main instructors and 36 Dummy Providers ? then go to Working Hours tab, and update List for "one of 4 main providers) change their working hours based on which ever day e.g. Endurance for Saturday and regular for Sunday... etc?
    Then in the "General" Sub menu settings 'Assign dummy service providers to": Frances (who is the only real service provider?)

thanks

Tom

• Ash

Hello @Tom

Yes, the later one.

You need to create 10 + 10 + 6 + 6 = 32 provider accounts. 10 are already created and set for first service.

For second service, you need to create another 10 providers (9 are dummy) and set same working hours for those. You need to do same for rest of the twos.

So, now you have 4 main providers and others are dummy. But basically you are the only provider. You need to maintain these 4 providers account. In fact, you don't need to login with those accounts. You just need to login with your admin account and you can see all appointments.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello Tom

do i also need to edit each of the dummy accounts to do the same? or will the 4 main override the settings of their dummy versions ?

You need to set the working hours for all dummy accounts. Main providers won't overwrite their dummy versions, I am afraid.

On the test page you made, only Tuesday's appointments are showing as available, none of the other appointments during the week are showing up?

Because, I have set only one service provider's working hours. When you load the page, first service "xxxxxxx Intervals" time is loaded. xxxxxxx Intervals service is available only at Tuesday. Once you set the other provider's hours, and if you select a service then those slots should be load.

I will recommend to try one by one. As I have set the first one, you please go with the second. Once we think the second is done, then we can do the third. Otherwise things can mess up.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.