Appointment + Settings For Multiple Service Areas

Right now, we have just 1 tech to do onsite repairs in a county wide area. Soon we plan on expanding to nearby counties and possibly adding more techs. What's the best way to set up Service Providers? I want it to display to clients as "Serving all of Westchester County" rather than a person's name so that when they book and have to select a service provider, they know we just serve that county area. Do I need to just make additional users i.e. "Serving Long Island New York", etc. for the new areas we expand to? As we expand, I just want to be sure people select the tech that would be serving their area (or would be closest to them). All of our repairs are done on site at the person's home or office.

Does this make sense?

• Ash

Hello @Matthew

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You can try one of the following:

#1: Create users based on new country, I think you have already figured it out :slight_smile:

#2: Create different pages for different countries and in each pages you can show the appointment for that service provider using shortcode. You will get all the shortcodes in Appointments > Shortcodes page.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Matthew

Thanks Ash, solution 1 sounds right to me!

I want people to be able to do a mail in repair as well. Meaning they just pay for the repair on the site and mail their phone in to us.

If I were to get MarketPress, can I embed the Appointments+ shortcodes on the product pages in MarketPress so clients can either just Add to cart for a mail in order or schedule a repair right on the page? I have 130 products (different repair services) so my goal is to minimize creating duplicate pages.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

• Ash

Hello @Matthew

I hope you are well today.

If I were to get MarketPress, can I embed the Appointments+ shortcodes on the product pages in MarketPress so clients can either just Add to cart for a mail in order or schedule a repair right on the page?

Yes, you can do it. Please go to Appointments > Settings > general and check the box for "Integrate with MarketPress". Only then appointments shortcode will work as a marketpress product. And yes, you need to create a product using those shortcodes.

To enable payment, do I just enter this shortcode after what I have there now?

It should be like:

[app_paypal item_name="Payment for SERVICE" button_text="Please confirm PRICE CURRENCY payment for SERVICE"]

To hide gcal button add this in css:

.appointments-gcal-field{
    display: none;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.