Appointment - Two Way Sync with Google calendar?

Hello,

I hope you are doing great.

I would like to use the Appointments+ plugin. It says that it will sync the info from the plugin to Google calendar, but will it also sync from Google calendar to the plugin?

This would be useful to determine available times, depending not only in what happens in the plugin but also of what is happening in the Google Calendar itself.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you need more clarification.

Thank you!

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Carlos

How are you doing?

It depends on the API mode that you set in your plugin setting.

There are four options you can choose:
    - Integration disabled
    - A+ <- GCal (Only import appointments)
    - A+ -> GCal (Only export appointments)
    - A+ <-> GCal (Synchronization)

The last option sets synchronization in both ways, from Google Calendar to plugin and from plugin to Google Calendar.

If you have any additional questions please let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Warm regards,
    Katya

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Carlos

How are you doing?

It depends on the API mode that you set in your plugin setting.

There are four options you can choose:
    - Integration disabled
    - A+ <- GCal (Only import appointments)
    - A+ -> GCal (Only export appointments)
    - A+ <-> GCal (Synchronization)

The last option sets synchronization in both ways, from Google Calendar to plugin and from plugin to Google Calendar.

If you have any additional questions please let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Warm regards,
    Katya

• Carlos

So I was able to make the connection, but now that I have been playing around and I have the following questions:

1. With the A+ <-> GCal (Synchronization) option, I have seen that new events created in the plugin are automatically added to the calendar immediately. When I add an event in Google Caledar, how long will it take for the plugin to get the info?
    2. I noticed that only events created in the Calendar chosen in setting are imported to the plugin. What would I need to do in order to get all calendar events imported? (or select more than one Calendar). This would be a great update, to be able to choose which Calendar should be imported.
    3. Is there a way that a user sees the times in their timezone? Or will times always be shown in the Wordpress time?
    4. Can the "alert" window that shows up after a successful appointment be removed?
    5. I am not using my business email but my personal email for this, will the user be able to see this information?

Thank you!

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Carlos

So, you already don't need a help with adding Calendar API? Let me know if still need.

1. With the A+ <-> GCal (Synchronization) option, I have seen that new events created in the plugin are automatically added to the calendar immediately. When I add an event in Google Caledar, how long will it take for the plugin to get the info?

Please, look through this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gcal-synchronization-and-cron-job , you can find a lot of useful information there.

2. I noticed that only events created in the Calendar chosen in setting are imported to the plugin. What would I need to do in order to get all calendar events imported? (or select more than one Calendar). This would be a great update, to be able to choose which Calendar should be imported.

This sounds like an interesting idea
    Note, that each Service Provider is able to set his own Google Calendar in his Profile Settings if it needed. But you should make sure you select Yes for Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration in the Google Calendar Settings.

3. Is there a way that a user sees the times in their timezone? Or will times always be shown in the Wordpress time?

Appointments+ uses the Timezone of Settings -> General -> Timezone. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible out of the box because let users see their timezones. Meanwhile, if this is something very urgent you could post for some custom work on our Jobs & Pros board, and see what quote you would get for that work.

4. Can the "alert" window that shows up after a successful appointment be removed?

I'm not able to find how to do it using default Appoitnents+ options, it might be needed some custom coding to do it.

5. I am not using my business email but my personal email for this, will the user be able to see this information?

As I know users can see your email when they get Notifications from your site. Your email address would be displayed as an email sender.

Best regards,
    Katya