Appointment with a pause

I am making a website for someone who has a hairsalon. When she's painting someone's hair it takes about 45 min for painting. Then about 1 hour for drying. And after drying another 45 min for cutting the hair. In the period for drying (1 hour) another customer can be served by her (cutting hair for example). But how can we make appointment where it looks like this: 45 min work - 60 min pause - 45 min work. And in the 60 min pause it must be possible for another customer to book this free space in the calender. I hope you understand my question ! Thank you, Alexander

• Dimitris

Hey there Alexander,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

First of all, I'd like to mention that this kind of setup isn't available through A+ settings like a predefined option, but I pinged a colleague of mine and came up with a workaround like the following, just please keep in mind that I haven't tested it, at least until now.

1. There are 2 service providers and each one has a distinct service (2 in total). Let's call the providers "SmallP" and "LargeP" and services "SmallS" and "LargeS".
    2. "LongS" service is set to 150min (45+60+45). As we can't create a 60min break, you should inform clients that this 150min service has a 60min "break" for drying, or not, as it will still be a 150min appointment for them.
    3. "ShortS" service is set to 60min with a "before" padding of 45min (time paddings can be activated in Settings->Add-ons)
    4. "ShortP" provider can be set as "dummy" as it will be the same physical person who will handle the service.

Hope that make sense, feel free to give it a try and post back here if more assistance is required on this! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Alexander!

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry for confusion. I just read Dimitris response and since I remember that we talked about it (I and him) it seems that unintentionally took a shortcut here. I apologize for this and let me please explain :slight_smile:

The Appointments+ plugin doesn't support bookings that are split to parts, with a "break" inside. A booking has to be a solid (continuous) "block" of time. A customer can book more than one appointments of course but in case that you described this wouldn't work good enough.

Since there's no "native support" for such kind of appointments, what Dimitris suggested may be a "workable workaround". The point is to create and use two services instead of one. I'll try to go through it "step by step". For the purpose of explanation below I'm assuming that there's a single "chair" and a single hairdresser. The solution can be "multiplied".

Assumption:

1. There's a "Hair painting" service and it takes two times 45 minutes with a 60 minutes break in between. I'll refer to it as "Painting" later on.

2. There's a "Haircut" service and it takes 60 minutes. I'll refer to it as "Haircut" later on.

3. During the 60 minutes break in "Painting" the "Haircut" can be booked.

4. The same person (referred as "Painting Provider" later on) is providing both services.

5. Main provider works Mon-Fri 9am - 4.30 pm; that gives a room for 3 "Painting" services a day.

Configuration:

1. On "Appointments+ -> Settings -> Add-ons" page enable the "Paddings" add-on

2. Set up "Painting" service (the long one)

- create a service in Appointments+; it will be used for "Painting" service
    - set its duration to 150 minutes (that's: 45 minutes of first part of service + 60 minutes break + 45 minutes of second part of the service);
    - make sure there's no padding set for this service (both before and after set to "0");

- create "Painting Provider" and assign to "Painting" service
    - make sure there's no padding set for this provider (both before and after set to "0");
    - set working hours for "Painting Provider" to 9am - 4.30pm with no breaks during the day.

3. Set up "Haircut" service (the short one, additional)

- create a new service in Appointments+, that'll be used for "Haircut"
    - set its duration to 60 minutes.
    - set "before" and "after" padding for it to 45 minutes (that's equal to the first and second part of "Painting" service accordingly).

- create an additional service provider (I'll refer as "Haircut Provider");
    - make sure that there's no padding set for this provider
    - assign "Haircut" service to the "Haircut Provider" service;
    - set working hours for "Haircut Provider" to Mon-Fri 9am-4.30pm with no breaks during a day.

This should do the trick. If you know go to booking page and switch between "Painting" and "Haircut" services the available booking slots should match perfectly and customers should be able to book the "long" service (Paining) and the short one (Haircut) in between.

A "cosmetic touch" would be to hide the "service provider" selection box so only a service would be left on booking page, in order not to confuse customers.

I hope that makes sense now :slight_smile: If you got any further questions, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.