[Appointments+] Add custom taxonomy to Service Provider and allow filtering by it on Booking Searc

How do I add a custom taxonomy to a Service Provider and then add that as a filtering option on the booking search page?

I am comfortable with custom coding.

• Ash

Hello Clifford P

This is something that can't be easily done I am afraid. It will also need a lot of custom code and you have to edit the plugin core code as there is not any hook.

Another drawback is, the provider is not any custom post type or anything like any default option, app+ uses custom tables, so you have to change the db table structure as well.

But still, I am marking this as a feature request for now. Let's see how other members think about this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Clifford P

Thanks for the thorough (but sad) reply.

I haven't yet looked into the code, but is there a way to add custom fields per Service Provider?
    Another workaround idea is to use Biographies post type per Service Provider and then attach a custom taxonomy to that... and then somehow add an additional filtering box to the Booking Search... and intercept its query to lookup the Service Providers by the taxonomy(ies) connected to their Biography.

• Ash

Service Provider is not a custom post type, so you can't add custom field in usual way. So, that would require a full deal of custom stuff, new shortcodes filtering, additional magic etc. You have to customize the plugin core code, otherwise it's not possible.

If you are familiar with php code editing and wants to code it, we can help you to find the file where you might need to change. Please let us know if you need that information.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
      Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.