Appointments+ Add reservation & accommodation booking

I vote for this to be added.

Appointments+ and Woo booking offer many of the same features and the woo reservation is an add-on to woo booking plugin.

The aim here is to KISS and not the need to have someone full time to run and maintain basic things.

For small business, Appointments+ with such add-on would be nice, for bigger projects a new plugin might be neeted.

After some digging the best option was WooCommerce. I made a prototype on my localhost for a reservation site with WooCommerce and the two bookings add-ons to be able to build a reservation site.

After playing with woo booking it seems to be able to handle bigger projects and one good thing with Woo above many of WPMUDEV plugins is the selections of local and international getaways from around the world that can be added.

The problem here is I've now three woo plugins made by three different dev's plus, later I need to add gateways. The other problem is, I think one of this plugins is conflicting with upfront, I am still working on it so I don't know yet!

For the dev's to look into ideas!
https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=Reservation+booking
https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-accommodation-bookings/
https://docs.woothemes.com/documentation/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce-extensions/bookings/

My main aim here and the reason I become a paid member of this community is to be able to build sites with limited 3th party plugins and add-ons and end up with conflicting plugins! I want to spend my time on other things than bug fixing!

Dennis

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Dennis,

Thanks a lot for such detailed feedback, this will certainly help developers to figure this faster if we decide to implement this.

My main aim here and the reason I become a paid member of this community is to be able to build sites with limited 3th party plugins and add-ons and end up with conflicting plugins! I want to spend my time on other things than bug fixing!

I'm sorry that you're having issues with conflicts, it's simply impossible to test our products with all the plugins and themes available, hopefully we will be able to help you resolve all the issues you experience :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Dennis

Just some more digging on WP with one keyword, it returned a handsome list!

I would guess there is well over 50.000 Active Installs for hotel bookings WP plugins, then there are other services. if you guys are still wondering if there is a demand to expand Appointments+ to add a hotel booking feature or build a new plugin, I think you don't need to wonder anymore!?

(Woo) Pinpoint Booking System
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/booking-system/
    Active Installs: 7000+

Booking Calendar
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/booking/
    Active Installs: 30,000+

Booking Calendar Contact Form
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/booking-calendar-contact-form/
    Active Installs: 2,000+

WP Availability Calendar & Booking
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/jm-avail-booking/
    Active Installs: 300+

BedBooking
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bedbooking-booking-calendar-reservation-system/
    Active Installs: 400+

eZee Online Hotel Booking Engine
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/online-booking-engine/
    Active Installs: 300+

Interesting discussions in comments!
    http://www.wpmayor.com/best-hotel-reservation-plugins-for-wordpress/

Hope this will help to get this feature added as travel is and will still be a huge business in the future.

Dennis

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dennis!

That's a convincing argument! We, as a support team, are not able to speed up feature implementation but I can see how big market seems to be for such an add-on. Let's hope then that more members of our community will support that idea and the more support it gets the better the chance it gets implemented soon :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Have a nice day,
    Adam

• Dennis

Hi Adam,

Why aren't feature request sent out to the list so we, the users of these products can see them and vote for it, just like all the blog posts about 3th party plugins and services? (perhaps a new feature request here!)

I hope this booking feature will be added as there is not one decent self-hosted wp plugin on the market, at least not listed on wordpress site. I've spent hours upon hours checking them out, there are some plugins sold elsewhere but the problem with many of those plugins are updates and compatibility and no one knows how long they will be supported!

Regards
    Dennis

• Dennis

As I am a supporter of less 3th party plugins, some stuff I found and can be added to the idea bank :slight_smile:

As we already have a facebook tab, a feature such as this one could then be added into the hotel booking
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/hotel-listings-profile-on-facebook-page/

As I have an issue with woo booking plugin, probably it won't play with any of WPMU dev plugins I've installed and probably needs to be installed on a single site, it would be nice to know if and when anyone knows if or if not to add this features!?

It will also limit my usability of WPMU dev plugins when simple features are missing and I need woocommerce and it's add-ons to fill up the gap and again, which won't play with WPMU dev plugins, I think you guess it right, which plugins will I be using?

Dennis

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dennis!

Thanks for sharing another feature idea with us. I'm not able to share any ETAs on this but surely all those suggestions are really worth being implemented, in my opinion.

As for other issues. I understand that there may be some conflicts or unexpected troubles related to our plugins that you're using. In case you're experiencing any of those, please do not hesitate to start threads on our support forum and we'll work with you to get it solved.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Dennis

Thanks Adam,

I think this issue with woo booking won't be solved by other mens than run it on a single site wp install! Woo booking conflicts with many other woo add-ons and most other plugins I guess, so does many of their premium add-ons - I would prefer to stick with WPMUdev but then these plugins needs to work and have the most common features ready or added when they are needed.

I have only been using the WPMU plugins for a few weeks and not got the time to go through all of them, still I find there are missing "must have" features that might or might not be added, if no one steps forward to confirm if those features will be added, ten I'll have to use other services!

Instead of pumping out new plugins, I think the already made plugins should get more attention and "must have" features should be added, I already did the legwork for this plugin and I think what I posted has more to say than a few votes from members who wont see this feature request!!

Regards
    Dennis

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Denis!

Instead of pumping out new plugins, I think the already made plugins should get more attention and "must have" features should be added, I already did the legwork for this plugin and I think what I posted has more to say than a few votes from members who wont see this feature request!!

Thank you for this feedback. I think members voting for features that you suggested may only help here but of course your input is very valuable. As I mentioned before, these threads are watched by developers and our managers closely. Surely, most "upvoted" features are added to plugins upon community request but valuable suggestions - such as yours - are also taken into account when it comes to setting up development plans regardless of members' support.

Have a nice day,
    Adam

• Dennis

As I build the booking site for my client with woo booking, I've learned a lot more about the booking features and requirements. (yes, thanks for asking! It took me over a week but I got that bug fixed and things work now with WPMU dev plugins, this site could have been live by now!)

Woo booking plugin is a great plugin and offers a lot of smart "must have" features but, it lacks a lot of features offered by services such as booking.com, airbnb.com and tripadvisor.com offer to their users and at the same time, they lack other features you have when you have a self-hosted site.

When my feature requests are taken into account, I like to point out the above sites and many of their features they offer for property listing. You guys just have to spend some time on this sites and study how they build up their services and copy their best features, as they host millions of holiday accommodations, I think there is a huge market for self-hosted sites that offer a lot more, such as social media marketing and the control you have over your own design etc.

I made a site for a client with Appointments+ and I have to say, Appointments+ and woo booking offer very similar features. I think adding the reservation to Appointments+ should not be a big task and, I think there is no need to build a new plugin for this features, unlike woo with all their add-ons and compatibility issues, Appointments+ has its modules that do not have to be activated if there is no need for them.

Some of the major features our reservation add-on needs:
    1, when there are multiple listings, the search function needs to work like on the above sites, come up with all available accommodations by zip code, city and size but not have to search each listing to find possible dates. Think of a hotel with 10-50 rooms!
    2. be able to add seasonally and weekend prices for each listing (woo booking offer VERY nice feature here)
    3. provide a form or check boxes for x many adults and children (woo booking offer the feature to set X many persons per room, booking can not exceed the allowed numbers per that listing.
    4. adding add-on services such as extra stuff as a toddler bed, breakfast, wi-fi etc. without the need to create a new "product"!
    5. Prices are usually by person (2 persons incl. in booking price are common), by adding extra person(s) if the room takes i.e. 4 persons, the program needs to be able to calculate the extra cost per person and be able to tell the difference between an adult or a child.

So for now, this are some of the basic stuff I have learn about in past few days while working with woo booking plugin and compare the above sites as I build this site for my client!

Dennis

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dennis,

I hope you have a great day!

Again, you shared some ideas that definitely make sense and are worth consideration. Although that thread is already in our "Features and Feedback" forum, I have just shared it directly with Appointments+ developer so he took a look. Please note that this doesn't mean "automatic implementation" of these features but surely that's a "closer look" :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.