[Appointments+] Adding a Calendar menu to Appointments+

I would like a calendar menu on the Appointments+ plugin please. It's so much more user friendly for my service providers to add an appointment in the back end.

I've seen it in another plugin and I'm considering leaving Appointments+ but I really dont want ti! The plugin is called bookly.

I'd like to be able to add an appointment via clicking anywhere on calender too. Just let it pop up the current add new appointment screen is fine with the calendar and service provider field populated.

Demo of bookly wordpress plugin can be seen here.

https://www.booking-wp-plugin.com/demo/full/wp-admin/admin.php?page=bookly-calendar

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Kieran,

hope you're doing good and appreciate the request here! :slight_smile:

I've shared this with our team, will let you know here, if it will pass for future release, can't actually promise anything though.
    If meanwhile there's another workaround for it, will let you know.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Kieran
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks Dimitris, I will use that link if the devs dont think this is a good addition. I personally think it would be an excellent addition to the plugin which would benefit many others and put Appointments right up near spabooker as the premium appointments plugin

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Kieran !

I have a prepared a mu-plugin for this which is basic implementation of moving the front end calendar to an admin page.

You can download the mu-plugin from here :
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/cdb549ead93fb5cf47b3ab27876cb58e

After uploading this to your wp-content/mu-plugins folder, it should add a new page in Appointments menu in admin with the monthly calendar.

It is set to auto-confirm the appointments that are made from that page. If you don't wish to auto-confirm, comment out line :
    add_filter( 'app_post_confirmation_status', array( $this, 'auto_confirm' ), 20, 5 );

Hope this helps!

Kind regards!

• Kieran
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Panos,

This is great I can already see how we can improve things to get this working! (In theory). Few points which I think will help

1) Can we get it to pull the colours through as they dont show on my screen so it's impossible to tell who is busy and which times are free easily.
    2) Its auto selecting service ID 39 for me. Can we have a service drop down box instead?
    3) Is it possble to also have another button (or two) to change the calendar view to week view and day view also. I'm sure there is Appointment shortcode we can use to do this as was having a play the other day.
    4) we need the next month and previous month buttons in again we can use the appointment shortcode
    5) I'd like to select more than one service provider at a time. Not sure if this is possible?? So for instance I could look at a Tuesday and see all the appointments the service providers have.

Thanks for this. I actually want the calendar to be viewable by editors as well as admin's. I have some other code which restricts editors to only see their appointments so this in theory I am hoping would mean they only see their own calendar. But probably a step too far right now

Thanks for the starter! I am very grateful. I was playing around with Gcal but this is a better solution

Auto confirming of appointments is ok

I just noticed setmore also are doing a clendar view which works quite well

I'll have a play around with this code now see if I can add some of it in myself

Thanks!
    Kieran

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Kieran ,

I did some additions in the gist so you can re-download it and test it again:
    https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/cdb549ead93fb5cf47b3ab27876cb58e

I think I covered the 4 first requests. About the fifth one not sure where you need multiple providers? I assume you mean in the appointments page in admin ( I recall I have been pined about that). If so please confirm and I'll have a look there. It might need core modifications though, but I can't be sure without checking the available hooks there.

I actually want the calendar to be viewable by editors

If your providers have access to appointments page, they should be able to see the appointments menu if you add their capability in line:
    self::$capability = 'manage_options';

For editors role you can change manage_options to
    edit_others_posts
    Hope this is more helpful this time :slight_smile:

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.