Appointments+ Adding an extra option to the booking calendar

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to add an additional option to the booking calendar. My client would like to have an option for her open booking courses once a month in green, a group booking course option on different days in grey and a booked out in red, obviously as well as the not available days as well.

This also brings me to the next question, is it possible to set an option to add the amount of people that will be booking in for a group booking and calculating the cost for that?

I don't really want to add the store plugin to the site as the theme is integrated with Woocommerce. If possible I would like to be able to adjust the existing Appointments+ option.

I'm a bit of a coding novice so if you could respond in as simple terms as possible I would be ever so grateful.

I appreciate you time.

Thanks

Tanya

• Saurabh

Hi @Tanya,

Hope you are well today!

My client would like to have an option for her open booking courses once a month in green, a group booking course option on different days in grey and a booked out in red, obviously as well as the not available days as well.

Appointments+ is designed for letting customers book appointments from an available schedule/calendar. There is no special way of highlighting a particular period, built in to the plugin.

Having said that, we could still work a way out. Could you provide a little more detail about this once a month course? Would it be on a fixed day/date (every 4th Saturday or 24th of every month or something like that)? Would it be set manually every time?

Another way would be to create a dummy service provider with slots only available during those times and working our way through that.

This also brings me to the next question, is it possible to set an option to add the amount of people that will be booking in for a group booking and calculating the cost for that?

Again, this functionality is not built in to the appointments as it is meant for a one-to-one service booking. This is planned as a future feature, but we don't have an ETA on that. (This can also be built, but will require some extra coding to achieve.)

In short, the changes that you need will require quite an amount of coding and some modifications to the core files. This is beyond the support that we can provide fruitfully. I recommend hiring a developer to help you out with this. A possible place to find people for such custom development is:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

What we can do is provide some sort of an outline/guide for them to work with. You could use that to get the plugin tweaked to your need. So, I could either give you an outline that you could use to hire a developer or you could hire a developer and then we could help them with any specific questions or difficulties.

Do let us know how this works for you.

Best

Saurabh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.