Appointments+ and Google Calendar

Hi there,

Could someone possibly point me in the direction of instructions on how to get the google calendar working with this plugin?

I have found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hul60oJ1Eiw

but I don't see how to get the 'google calendar' tab working in the app in the first place. Is there a setting I have missed?

Thank you!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @simonhj

That particular feature was planned for the upcoming release of version 1.2.

However, I just installed v1.1.9.1 on a test site, and see no Google calendar settings anywhere either. The FAQ does contain instructions though for setting up the API.

I'll contact the developer ASAP to get clarification on this, and report back. Hang on...

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @simonhj

Happy days!

The developer just released v1.2 which now includes the full Google calendar synchronization functionality under its own tab.

Please update your install to the latest version1.2.

If you plan on trying out the two-way synchronization of Google calendar and Appointments+, please take your time to read and double-check every step of the instructions. Setting up the Google API is rather complicated.

• simonhj
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick,

Thank you very much for your message. I have managed to download and update this, and I have tried setting up the synchronisation between google calendar and Appointments+.

I am managing to add events in the google calendar that then appear in Appointments + under 'reserved by gcal'

At the moment, I cannot see the appointments that have already been entered into the plugin being synchronised to google calendar.

I have followed the instructions precisely with the help of the video.

Do you have any idea what might be missing, or would someone be willing to take a look at the installation for me and check it?

With many thanks,
    Simon

• simonhj
    • Flash Drive

HI Patrick, thanks very much for your help.

Actually it looks like I was adding to the wrong google calednar! Sorted now.

However the synchronization doesn't appear to be working the other way, i.e. appointments that are already added into the Appointments+ system are not synchronizing into the google calendar.

Do you think there might be another setting that I have missed? I can't see anything that I have done wrong.

Thank you again!

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

appointments that are already added into the Appointments+ system are not synchronizing into the google calendar.

Appointments which were added *before* you activated Google Calendar API are not automatically sent to your GCal account. Please use Google Calendar Button to submit them (Button + API methods can be used at the same time).

Appointments which were added *after* you activated Google Calendar API are automatically submitted to your selected Google Calendar, though.

As an analogy, you cannot visit a time before a time machine has been invented. Here, time machine invented when GCal API added to A+ as a feature.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• simonhj
    • Flash Drive

Hello again,

Two small questions if I may!

- REPEATED APPOINTMENTS

I've just tried to add in some repeated appointments by putting them into the Google Calendar (and adding 'repeat for 10 occurrences).

When I click 'import and update events now' on the google calendar tab, it is importing only three of the events, and they've all got a bit mixed up - some seem to be the first occurrence, some seem to be the second occurrence.

Is this a bug, or should I assume that synch of repeated appointments is not supported? If not, this obviously means we will have to enter the data manually for each appointment, which will take hours...!

- SYNCH OF DATA

At the moment, each appointment occurrence that does synch is including the correct date and time. But there is so much other data - most importantly the name of the client and the provider. Is there any way to synch this data, or is it not supported?

(Again if it is not supported it will take hours of manual work to change each event to link it to a website user!)

Thanks very much for your help.

Simon

• simonhj
    • Flash Drive

May I add one more feature request, which would be to make sure that repeat appointments can be added WITHIN the actual Appointments+ plugin in the first place. Then the google sync of repeated events becomes less of an issue (and even the data sync becomes less urgent)!

Thanks again

Simon

• simonhj
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

I'm still having real trouble with this plugin as I can't seem to add repeated events either in the plugin itself or via google calendar.

Do you have any plans to make this functionality available in either of these ways?

The problem is that we have ended up with a broken booking system where my admin person has all our bookings on a list manually but doesn't have the time to type in every single appointment manually because that would take hours and hours!

And we have managed to get the repeated appointments listed on google calendar, but they aren't being imported into Appointments+

thank you!
    Simon

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Do you have any plans to make this functionality available in either of these ways?

Importing of recurring events is already possible as of 24th of January, from V1.2.1.

You can import up to 500 closest events per provider, events being recurring or not (Increasing that number is possible, but not recommended).

And we have managed to get the repeated appointments listed on google calendar, but they aren't being imported into Appointments+

Permanently delete Reserved appointments: Make them "removed" first and select all of them on "Removed appointments" area and hit "Permanently Delete Selected Records" button.

Then try importing them again.

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.